Qualified Bar Supervisor
Advertiser: Tide Wine Bar Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 31 Jan 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Bar & Beverage Staff
Tide Wine Bar is a busy venue situated over-water on Brisbane’s bayside. With views over the harbour, bay breezes and a great vibe, it’s an enviable job location!
We’re open seven days a week from 8am until late offering breakfast, meals and tapas. Our liquor license is from 10am to midnight. We seat around 70 inside and 40 outside on the jetty, and weekends are routinely full.
We don't close for private functions (and we don't do weddings), but smaller parties and gatherings are common.
About the Role
We seek an experienced and formally trained Bar Supervisor to take ownership of the bar's operations and assist in training other bar staff.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- providing excellent service to customers
- controlling stock levels and wastage
- assisting in the development of the beverage menu and specials
- providing training to new and existing staff members
- ensuring compliance with all WH&S and licensing regulations
- ensuring the cleanliness and efficiency of bar operations
- ensuring the appropriate use of bar equipment and materials
You must also be willing to support food and beverage staff in general wait staff duties if required, such as delivering food, taking orders and clearing tables.
Is this you?
The successful candidate must:
have formal qualifications in Bar Skills, Cocktails/Mixology or equivalent trade qualification
have at least three years' experience in a similar role
have a passionate motivation to exceed customer expectations through creativity and fresh ideas, balanced with sound practical and financial knowledge of bar operations
demonstrate and expect high standards across the board (in personal appearance, safety, hygiene, work ethic and of course, beverage preparation)
be reliable and trustworthy
work well in, and support your team
have excellent communication skills
be friendly, calm and respectful to both FOH and BOH staff
Applications close Monday 10 February 2020.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.