Advertiser: Creature Technology CompanyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 31 Jan 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Engineering, Project Management
Founded in Melbourne, Australia in 2006, an exceptionally talented team of designers, engineers, technicians and artisans set a new benchmark for animatronics with each new project. Combining state-of-the-art technology with artistic mastery, Creature Technology Co.’s expertise ensures live experiences inspire wonder and awe in audiences worldwide.
Previous creations include the jaw-dropping dinosaurs for Walking with Dinosaurs –The Arena Spectacular, the three remarkable mascots for the 2014 Winter Olympics opening and closing ceremonies in Sochi, and the incredible King Kong puppet currently live on Broadway.
Creature Technology Co. is a unique company that is manufacturer, software design firm, puppet-maker, engineering company, artist’s studio and entertainment creator all rolled into one. The successful candidate will work in a stimulating and dynamic environment making the world’s best large-scale animatronic creatures in our Port Melbourne headquarters for export to an expanding global market.
At Creature Technology Co. (CTC) our Project Managers are responsible for leading timely, efficient and high quality delivery of complex, large-scale, animatronic figures for international clients in the theme park and entertainment sectors.
Core Duties are:
- Project Manage the design, development and production of multi-million dollar projects adhering to strict schedules, budgets, quality, resource and risk management imperatives.
- Collaboratively lead a multidisciplinary team of professional staff, ensuring a clear understanding of current and future tasks, deliverables and deadlines in the achievement of complex creative and technical projects.
- Foster and maintain a strong working relationship with our clients, and act as a conduit with regards to day-to-day needs of the project, striving to ensure the creative ambitions of both parties are met.
- Identify, negotiate with, monitor and manage external suppliers and contractors.
- Chair weekly Progress Control Group and Client update meetings, and coordinate design meetings and reviews with the Creative Director, HOD’s and key CTC practitioners.
- Coordinate and prepare fortnightly progress presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate the submission of documents and the physical presentation of key stages of projects, and effectively manage project documentation such as transmittals, directives, and approvals.
- Take active responsibility for own Occupational Health and Safety and assist to maintain a safe and healthy workplace at CTC.
- Comply with policies and procedures, and with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Other duties within the scope of the role as required.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Minimum 8 years' experience in project management, task management and resource scheduling (both waterfall and Agile environments) in animatronics, automated machinery, construction projects or similar
- Advanced Microsoft Project skills, as well as MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- A knowledge of a variety of different materials and fabrication techniques is advantageous
- Outstanding management and negotiation skills, with the proven ability to lead multidisciplinary teams of staff to ensure the effective and collaborative achievement of complex creative and technical projects
- Superior communication skills and experience in relationship management of major clients and stakeholders.
- Considerable experience in identifying, negotiating with, commissioning and managing external contractors.
- Strong experience in documentation and presentation preparation and management, particularly in response to formal Scopes of Work, Specifications, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality assurance.
- Knowledge of ECI M1 or similar Enterprise Resource Programs is advantageous.
- Familiarity with producing high-quality work for a creative or public performance arena is advantageous.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- Formal Project Management certification such as PMP, RegPM, PRINCE2, etc.
The position reports to the Production Manager.
The position is based at Creature Technology Co. at 461 Plummer Street, Port Melbourne, Victoria 3207, Australia.
The Project Manager is expected to work our standard workshop hours of 7.30am – 4.00pm.
A current Victorian Driver’s License and valid and current Passport are required.
Creature Technology Co. primarily works on international projects and the Project Manager can expect that overseas travel may be a feature of the role.
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role by Friday 28th February 2020 at 4:30pm.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in project management?