Veteran Hub Coordinator
Advertiser: RSL VictoriaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 31 Jan 2020
- South West Coast VIC
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Office Management
RSL Victoria leads, represents and provides services to 280 Sub-Branches across the state and currently has over 200,000 members.
The RSL through its staff and volunteers provides assistance to past and present defence force personnel and their families with a range of financial, program and support services.
RSL Victoria also provides services to the commercial operations of the RSL network including the provision of our member loyalty program; RSL Rewards.
We are seeking too employ a Veteran Hub Coordinator at our Warrnambool Veteran Hub Centre working from the local RSL.
- Wellbeing Advocacy ADTP accreditation - or willingness to undertake training
- Tertiary studies in a health and/or human services related field highly desirable.
- Service management experience, including experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams and activities.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate workload, including the ability to manage a wide and varied caseload.
- Ability to provide supervision and support to staff and volunteers as well as work collaboratively with a range of multi-disciplinary professionals.
- Demonstrated highly developed oral and written skills, including negotiation, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with external agencies, service providers and the local community.
- Demonstrated computer literacy in MS Office.
- Knowledge of, or understanding of the culture and needs of the ex-service community.
- Previous experience with volunteer management desirable.
- Commitment to promoting the Mission and Values of the RSL
- Excellent English Language Skills
Working within the Mission, Values and Objectives of the Returned & Services League (RSL) Victorian Branch, major responsibilities of the role include:
- Management and leadership of the Veteran Hub.
- Delivery of welfare services to members of the ex-service community.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with key stakeholders, including the Department of Veterans' Affairs, as well as health, housing and aged related services within the Region.
- Demonstrating effective communication to provide a high level of customer service.
- Implementing service improvement strategies.
- Efficient and Effective Administration of the Hub & its staff
We Can Offer:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- A positive and enthusiastic work environment
- Commencement asap
Warrnambool is known as Victoria's largest coastal City outside Port Phillip Bay and is one of the fastest growing economy and population areas on the Great South Coast.
Warrnambool is a major destination for people travelling along tourist routes including the Great Ocean Road, Princes Highway and the Melbourne-Warrnambool Railway.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity hit the apply button now!
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How would you rate your English language skills?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?