DEMENTIA CARE SPECIALISTPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 31 Jan 2020
- Mackay & Coalfields
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Other
"Simply the best"
DEMENTIA CARE SPECIALIST
Good Shepherd Lodge Ltd is a not for profit organisation, situated in Mackay Queensland operating 2 aged care facilities, Good Shepherd Lodge and Kerrisdale Gardens, comprising 240 beds across both sites.
We are seeking a highly motivated person to oversee the day to day operation of our Memory Care Units which includes a new 9 bed Specialist Behaviour Response Unit.
The successful applicant will have exceptional skills and working experience in the delivery of dementia specific care tailored to the needs of older person’s clinical and mental wellbeing.
As there will be a need to liaise with families, medical practitioners and other stakeholders to determine best care practice, a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively is paramount.
Skills and Experience:
- Current Tertiary Qualification in a health related field such as Social Work, Psychology and / or Nursing
- Previous experience working with residents with dementia
- Strong leadership capabilities to manage a team and effectively work with other staff
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Understanding of quality and accreditation requirements
- Empathy and patience together with a genuine desire to deliver excellent care to older
Good Shepherd Lodge Ltd provides a beautiful living and working environment for
residents and staff. Salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Resumes to be forwarded to:
Raelene Phillips, Chief Executive Officer
Good Shepherd Lodge Ltd
Ph: (07) 4965 4405 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org