Field Service Engineering Manager
Advertiser: IPS AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Feb 2020
- Gosford & Central Coast
- $110,000 - $129,999 plus KPI bonuses
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Management
IPS Australia is a leader in the sale and service of rotating equipment including turbo-compressors, steam turbines, reciprocating compressors, gearboxes and pumps. We provide services to a wide range of end users across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands.
As a a Field Service Engineering Manager, you will manage the field service activities at IPS Australia ensuring safety, high quality, and on time delivery of our service jobs.
The Field Service Engineering Manager is responsible for the management of Field Service Engineering orders received for after sales service of rotating machinery such as steam, gas and wind turbines, compressors and special pumps, and other equipment of a similar nature from all manufacturers (represented and unrepresented by IPS).
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Direct Management of Field Service Engineering activities
- Coordination, planning, logistics and team development
- provides technical support to the team, review the QA/JSEA work pack and reports
- Safety and quality compliance
- work alongside the Workshop Manager and the Projects/Contracts Manager.
- Closely monitor and manage costs within the field service department.
- Manage the Field Service engineering team, allocate team members and update planning.
- Review, edit and ensure timely delivery of field service reports to the required standard.
- Provide remote technical support to the team on site.
- Discuss technical matters and progresses with customers for FS activities.
- Proactively identify and implement cost saving measures.
- Review and approve field service staff timesheets, expense claims and invoices for FS team and client invoices.
- Perform customer visits with Business Manager at a quoting stage ad help developing sales quotation and scope of work
- Manage and coordinate training requirements of field service team.
- Manage, continually develop and rate the pool of suitable field service resources such as casual labour, sub-contractors as well as full time employees.
- Develop, implement and monitor QA and HSE systems for FS activities
- Manage FS staff including performance review
- Actively promote and sell the service and repair activities which are offered by the IPS workshops and the field service teams.
- Follow up the customer views after job completion for FS activities.
- Comparison and evaluation of quotations, prices from sub-contractors.
- If necessary, the updating of offers, tenders, preparation of additional and alternative offers, tenders, negotiation schedules, delivery schedules, special contract administration problems, viability and/or functionality of the delivered product.
The successful candidate will have 8 to 10 years experience and be an expert in:
- rotating machinery like steam and gas turbines, axial, radial, reciprocating and screw compressors, pumps and other rotating equipment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or related field of study.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
Leadership skills, ability to lead and motivate a team.
Experienced in team management.
- Has good understanding/knowledge of quality and safety management systems and knowledge in project management.
To find out more about IPS Australia, go to www.ipsaus.com.au or www.linkedin.com/company/ips-australia.
Candidates can send CV and cover letter to email@example.com or reply through this advertisement.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have as a service manager?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for authoring and reviewing technical documentation?