General Farm Hand
Advertiser: Serra Farming Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Feb 2020
- Cairns & Far North
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Labour
The successful applicant must be able to carry out directions diligently while working alone and with others. The applicant should have good problem-solving abilities (depending on level of experience) and be able to respond to what can be a highly changeable working environment.
Reliability and enthusiasm are a must.
- Day to day general farm duties and maintenance as arranged by employer.
- Working on an avocado farm including paddock work as required.
- Daily machinery maintenance and pre-start checks.
- Operation of farm machinery including tractors, cherry pickers, front end loaders, trucks, and fork lifts.
- Chemical application to crops and pastures.
- Workshop tidying and maintenance.
- General servicing and maintenance of farm vehicles, small motors and other equipment.
- Be able and willing to spray out of ordinary day time hours ie night spraying.
Serra Farms is situated on the Atherton Tablelands in Far North Qld. Only applicants in the locality need apply.
To Apply: apply through SEEK, provide a current resume/CV and covering letter, outlining how you meet the key requirements of the role.
Alternatively send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attn : Peter Serra
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?