Advertiser: Over The Wire Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Feb 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Engineering - Network
As part of Over the Wire, the Comlinx brand is an established systems integrator with a growing portfolio of customers across the country.
We pride ourselves on delivering awesome technology solutions backed by legendary technical support, and this approach is working because we're growing!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Network Engineers to join our operations and delivery team.
Your day-to-day can involve:
- Meeting our clients to talk through and whiteboard the technical aspects of their projects
- Turning those whiteboard drawings into solidified high-level designs
- Network hardware and/or software specifications to turn those high-level designs into infrastructure
- Building detailed-designs that clearly articulate how this infrastructure will be configured
- Deploying infrastructure into client facilities / data centres
- Providing escalation support to our clients in the event of any issues
- Documenting and implementing changes to our client environments as needed
- Being part of an on-call rotation, (approx 1 week in every two months) to operate an after-hours support service for our customers when required.
We run a lean team where your contributions are noticed and rewarded so you'll need to:
- Develop and display outstanding troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Have meticulous attention to detail
- Be equally able to contribute in a team or to deliver solo
- Seek out new technology, knowledge and skills and show a real desire to continuously innovate and improve
- Identify repetitive and/or error-prone tasks that can be automated away to free up engineering time
- Be available to be part of an on-call rotation, (approx 1 week in every two months) to operate an after-hours support service for our customers when required.
Ideally, you will have:
- excellent communication skills and can correspond with our clients equally well on the phone, in person or via email
- the ability to express complex ideas just as easily on a whiteboard as you would in a detailed design document
- a drive to succeed and learn - tell us about your home lab, or how you dedicate time to improving your technical understanding
- excellent time-management skills - as an engineer with us, you may be required to balance your time across multiple projects with different clients
- the ability to work well in a small team - we want our engineering team members to feed off each other’s enthusiasm and grow
- a drivers license and own transport - travel to customer locations may be required at times
- at least 3+ years experience in the networking industry in a systems integrator or professional services role, or plenty of hands-on exposure elsewhere.
We also want to hear about any experience, expertise or general interest you have in the following areas:
- Junos and all things Juniper (ideally you’ll be JNCIP certified or working towards it)
- Network Security (IPS, SIEM, DDoS or WAF)
- Cloud Infrastructure connectivity - specifically Azure and AWS
- Network Monitoring and diagnostics
- Optical Networking/WDM
- Wireless LAN (Aruba, Clearpass exposure)
- any scripting languages (eg: Python, Ruby or Perl) that you are familiar with
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and thrive on interacting with our vibrant client base to contribute to the overall success of Over the Wire group.
In return, we will provide a fun, energetic work environment with plenty of interesting problems to solve and customers to delight. We have a flexible, diverse and inclusive work environment, and recognise that the modern world is not 9-5.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a network engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?