Technical Director Audio Visual - AV
Advertiser: CMS Australasia Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Feb 2020
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Event Management
- Are you an experienced Technical Director of live events?
- Can you think on your feet and deliver creative solutions?
- Do you enjoy working for a company that appreciates your contribution?
We are currently growing our technical team so are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Technical Director for immediate start in our Melbourne head office. If you enjoy being in a permanent role, have a passion for AV, a strong work ethic, then we welcome your application!
- Our mission is to be our customers' trusted, creative partner
- CMS is an event production company with a fully integrated range of event services under one roof
- Our team is supportive, service-driven, and strive to reduce complexity for our customers
- At CMS, we are committed to being a formidable team, a quiet achiever, and to continually grow our business
- We are known for our friendly, cooperative and innovative approach to delivering events
- We have long standing client relationships and also regularly take on new ones
- We like to keep things fresh and enjoy being able to offer clients new ideas and real creative solutions
- This Technical Director role is responsible for defining, developing, and refining technical requirements and briefs for events
- It requires a strong work ethic and the ability to see projects through from start to finish
- In this role you must be comfortable communicating directly with external stakeholders such as clients, venues, other providers and with internal stakeholders including, production team, warehouse, logistics, finance, account managers
- It offers varied work across our live events portfolio; touring road shows, gala and awards dinners, conferences, seminars and sports
What you will do for us
- Project management, budgeting, scheduling and planning from conception to completion
- Develop floor-plans and technical schematics using CAD related software such as Visio, VectorWorks, AutoCAD
- Define required equipment and resources in audio, vision, lighting, rigging, creative theming and digital services
- Plan and brief your event crew and develop concise and clear briefing documents
- Collaborate with the warehouse and logistics teams to ensure the smooth roll out of equipment from our national warehouse locations
- Be involved with equipment procurement decisions
- Lead and motivate teams on-location to install and execute technical audio-visual equipment in a safe, efficient, professional manner and in compliance with safety standards
- Manage and coordinate theming and fabrication (where required)
- Oversee and align event content including presentations and digital content working closely with our video production and digital services team
- Ongoing budget reports and client feedback reports
The experience, skills and commitment you need to get here
- Proven experience of 5+ years in a similar role
- You are able to clearly demonstrate hands-on experience with the latest audio, vision and lighting equipment, with a strong proficiency in at least one of these disciplines (vision experience is favourable)
- You are a good communicator in both verbal and written forms and do so consistently and clearly across all aspects of the role
- You are a multi-tasker, you work well as a member of a team and willingly share knowledge and ideas for the betterment of the business, equally you can work autonomously when required
- You are pro-active, able to manage responsibility and think on your feet
- Able to prioritise, strong attention to detail, and can balance the demands of concurrent projects
- Dependable, punctual, take pride in your work and appearance
- Available to work outside of business hours at Melbourne events and occasionally interstate
- Australian driver's license (manual)
- EWP/BL License (Yellow Card)
- Current Police check
- Level 1 First Aid certificate
- Medium Rigid Truck license
- Test & Tag certification
- Construction Induction (White Card)
- Rigging certification
- High Risk work license
What we will do for you
- Opportunity to work with great clients
- Ongoing training and exposure to the latest equipment on the market
- Provide a safe working environment
- Provide free onsite parking
- Offer a professional, friendly and fun workplace culture
- Offer you an attractive remuneration package that includes time off in lieu
- Provide you with a uniform
- Offer you real life-work-balance
Please include a brief cover letter indicating why you believe you would be suitable for this position. Also, include a current CV including industry qualifications and employment history that aligns with this role. Please be prepared to provide referee details if asked.
Please only submit applications via the seek website.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thanks for considering CMS as your next place of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to travel interstate / overseas for this role when required?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- Can you provide references if required?
- Why should we interview you?
- What salary package would get you to an interview (including Superannuation)?