Advertiser: Protecht Advisory Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Feb 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Engineering - Software
Protecht are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join the DevOps team. This position will be reporting directly to the DevOps Manager and will be involved in various exciting tasks and projects.
If you are motivated, professional and committed to delivering high quality work, then we would love to hear from you!
Our mission is to assist our clients in the achievement of their objectives through better risk-based decision making.
We are a leader in the delivery of risk management training, advisory services and enterprise risk management software (Protecht.ERM) and have been operating since 1999 in Australia and New Zealand and recently opened a UK office. We are used by some of the most recognised corporate brands and government agencies in Australia.
Protecht.ERM is an enterprise wide risk management solution that allows clients to rapidly construct and deploy web-based forms, workflow rules and visual dashboards covering areas such as risk assessments, incidents, complaints and compliance activities.
As a working culture, we are agile and promote personal accountability. We care about our people and encourage an open and collaborative working environment. We respect each other’s skills, differences and are committed to diversity and inclusion.
Protecht is in the process of migrating to a cloud native environment and adopting a DevOps approach to managing the infrastructure.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who has significant experience with AWS and the cloud technology stack to manage the DevOps team, be part of the technology choices and change the culture and processes to support the DevOps way.
- Building/Managing CI/CD pipeline
- Building the AWS environment, Infrastructure as code
- Managing the Production and on premises servers and services on AWS
- Ensure systems are available, performing and securely operating
- Release deployment and move to blue/green
- Automation manual processes
- Ensure security of network and systems
- Bachelor of Software Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology
- Industry qualification in cloud technologies
- 4 – 5 years experience in a similar DevOps role
- Experience with DevOps processes and practices
- Intermediate / Advanced knowledge of AWS services
- Practical knowledge of Linux based operating systems
- Experience using automation tools (i.e Anisble / Puppet / Chef)
- Experience using containers (i.e Docker / Kubernetes)
- Experience with software version control (Git / SVN)
- Experience using monitoring tools
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
It would also be great if you had the following:
- Prior experience in a SaaS company
- Experience as a Platform or Site Reliability Engineer
- Sound knowledge of Networking and Firewalls, ideally the Fortinet branded products.
- Understanding of Java processes and Tomcat
- Splunk - leverage centralised logging for troubleshooting and alert generation
- Knowledge or experience with microservices
- Experience with SQL language
- Risk Management experience
- Great company culture
- Innovative team environment
- Career progression opportunities
How to Apply
Please include in your job application the following information:
- The basis of your rights to work in Australia
- Years’ experience in a similar role
- Your current notice period
- Your salary expectation
Your application can be also be send to: email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a devops engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in computer science?