Senior Web Developer / Team Supervisor
Advertiser: NewBook - Powering Smart BusinessMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Feb 2020
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Web Development & Production
About the business
Do you find it satisfying to contribute to the success of a team?
Do you get excited about a challenge?
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your current skills and grow in your career?
Then NewBook Creative is the place for you!
Our in-house web design team has over 20 years' experience delivering cutting-edge websites for customers all over the world. Our team takes pride in their work and truly understand our clients business needs and what it takes to build a high-performance website. We offer a range of services, from content management systems, mobile websites, shopping carts and online booking system integration to multi-domain websites that all use the same central database.
NewBook Creative is experiencing fast growth and is looking for a senior-level website developer to join our expanding team to assist with building customer websites and booking engine integrations.
Based at our Gold Coast head office located on the picturesque waterfront in Bundall, you will have the opportunity to work with our team of skilled website designers and developers in delivering modern, responsive and innovative website solutions to NewBook customers.
About the role
- Develop and maintain customer websites using our version control systems.
- Report progress on projects to the Creative Team Manager and other team members.
- Writing custom plugins/modules for WordPress/Drupal where required.
- Building responsive EDM's for our internal marketing team.
- Communicate technical ideas in non-technical terms with project stakeholders (customers, designers, internal teams).
- Understand client needs and produce / follow up quotes as required.
- Offer real-time in-person and phone support to customers.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of PHP and MySQL.
- Experience with WordPress and Drupal (preferred) content management systems.
- Experience with Git/BitBucket.
- Knowledge of Linux CLI and server management.
- Experience with Laravel is desired but not essential.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & Illustrator) for extracting assets used during development.
- Ability to manage your time efficiently and work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- High attention to detail. This is critical to your success!
- Be hungry to learn, innovate, have a great attitude and want to develop your career.
- 3 year's experience in a similar role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a web developer?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- Which of the following front end development libraries and frameworks are you proficient in?