Business Development Manager - Broker Distribution
Advertiser: :86 400More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Feb 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Banking & Financial Services, Mortgages
We believe it’s time for a new type of bank. One that steps up and does the right thing by its customers; that puts them first. One that is relevant and meaningful in today’s world.
We’re that new type of bank. We’re digital only, and harness the capabilities of technology, data and artificial intelligence to deliver an entire bank in the palm of your hand. We exist solely to serve our customers - to give them a smarter, more personalised and human banking experience. We are constantly adapting and evolving to help customers make better, more informed financial decisions. We do things in real time, to bring real value to their lives. We put them first.
And we do this every second, of every minute, of every day.
All 86,400 of them. We’re 86 400.
You believe that Australians need to do business with companies that genuinely put their interests first and you want to start the movement to achieve this. You are passionate about the financial services industry stepping up the value to customers and believe it starts with supporting mortgage brokers.
Business Development Manager is responsible to identify and work with a portfolio of brokers to drive new business opportunities, provide exceptional customer service, thrive to achieve targets and build relationships.
This role reports to the National Manager, Broker Distribution.
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME AT 86,400
- Identify and work with a portfolio of mortgage brokers to build a deep relationship
- Achieve home loan settlement volume and agreed KPIs
- Hold regular broker training sessions
- Visit new and existing brokers and their staff to promote 86 400 products
- Communicate effectively with internal teams
- Discuss loan scenarios and structures with mortgage brokers
- Work closely with our Aggregator partners
- Attend broker and Aggregator functions
- Clearly communicate 86 400 value propositions
- Monitor compliance and address issues of non-compliance by leading coordinated interventions as required to improve compliance awareness, and processes as required
WHAT MAKES YOU TICK
- You are an experienced business development manager in the 3rd party intermediary channel
- You can demonstrate a history of working independently and in a team environment
- You are a self-starter and get excited by finding new opportunities
- You have experience with mortgages and credit criteria
- You love building new relationships
- You have attention to detail, yet able to step back and see the big picture when the situation requires
- You will love learning everything there is to learn about our products, competitor knowledge and the broker industry
- You put your hand up for help when stuck
- You are solution based
- You’re warm and human but you know how to represent a company professionally
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO 86 400
- 3 years’ experience in residential mortgage lending & sales
- Strong industry knowledge
- You will be comfortable working autonomously and will be able to work to deadlines
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to master group presentations
- A problem-solving and collaboration skill-set
- Strong attention to detail
- Financial services experience is preferable
- Maintain a current non-restrictive Australian Drivers Licence
VALUES. EVERY SECOND
- Customer. Customer. Customer - We put the customer’s best interests at the forefront of everything we do. We believe financial success will follow customer success.
- Agile and Brave - Constantly collaborating in new ways to create something genuinely innovative.
- Value Each Other - We respect everyone’s contribution, embracing a common goal and championing individuality.
- Frank and Authentic - A high performing team who say what we mean and mean what we say to create a strong team culture.
- Show Up - We bring our passion, positivity and sense of fun every day to embrace the challenges of changing the banking game.
If you are looking to look for an innovative company which adds value, then this is the role for you. A competitive package is on offer for the successful candidate.
Please note: no agencies will be accepted in the recruitment of this role. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all candidates for their application. Only candidates who meet the criteria above will be contacted for an interview.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a business development manager?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?