Renewable Generation - Market Operations Team LeadPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Feb 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Power Generation & Distribution
CWP Renewables is driven by the belief that wind and solar power makes our world cleaner and healthier. From development to construction to operations, we create projects that benefit communities for decades. As an emerging leader in utility scale wind and solar generation, including battery storage, CWPR welcomes and supports a diverse group of innovative thinkers from all backgrounds. CWPR has corporate offices in Sydney and Asset Management headquarters in Canberra.
CWP Renewables is seeking a talented and highly motivated candidate with experience in market trading and operations in the National Electricity Market. As a key member of CWPR’s Operations Division, the Market Operations Team Lead will be responsible for the safe and efficient monitoring and control of all renewable energy assets under operations, ensuring regulations and compliance is being met. You will be a dedicated team player with high standards and attention to detail, motivated to deliver a first-class professional Monitoring and Control service.
Your competencies go far and beyond from an operations controller level, having a lead role in the proposal and development of long-term projects, improving the Operations Centre operation of CWPR’s assets.
This is a full-time Professional / Team Leader position. Based in Canberra, you will report to the Head of Operations.
This is a critical position for the company that is currently in the process of adding generation assets to the portfolio.
Essential Job Functions
- Working with Operations & Asset Managers to ensure safe operation of CWPR’s assets at all times.
- Maintaining NER / NEM compliance of CWPR’s assets at all times.
- Preparing NER / NEM compliance plans for all assets.
- Monitoring & Control of assets via SCADA Systems, reacting to new and developing events in the Australian National Electricity Market.
- Reacting to plant and market notifications and alerts, including working closely with the wider operational team as required.
- Monitoring market actions and activities of assets via provided IT Systems (AEMO systems or our own).
- Bidding in the National Electricity Market and monitoring dispatch solutions to optimise dispatch outcomes.
- Interfacing with Transmission and Network Service Providers (TNSP), AEMO and other applicable entities regarding asset outages, generation constraints or specific production/network conditions.
- Contributing and production of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual operational reports.
- Monitoring weather forecast systems and issuing alerts, handling emergency calls from asset personnel or other stakeholders.
- Liaising with IT support to manage the availability of essential software and hardware systems used by the Operations Centre.
- Liaising with Maintenance Contractors to maximise availability as directed by the Operations & Asset Managers.
- Prepare and complete daily check-sheet and handovers.
- Prepare and manage shift work process and roster.
- Prepare and present daily morning operational meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Team-First attitude.
- Comply with all CWPR’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary.
- Desired working knowledge of wind and solar power generation equipment, protection and isolation equipment, substations, static and dynamic reactive power equipment, electrical collection systems as well as SCADA control and HMI systems.
- Ability to develop operating instructions and procedures.
- Provides strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize activities according to changing needs in a dynamic environment.
- Committed to career growth and training.
- Work extended hours on short notice when necessary.
- Demonstrated up-to-date working knowledge of Workplace Health, Safety & Environment requirements.
- You hold an equivalent degree in Engineering, Science or Commerce.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a trading desk or control centre.
- Additional Energy Market Analyst experience (NEM related) a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Have a background in IT, Engineering, Technical Support or Electronics.
- Competent in Excel and other computer programs, including SCADA systems, SQL, data bases, programing, etc.
Salary is commensurate with skill, qualifications and experience level.
Applications accepted via SEEK only.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?