- Job Listing Date
- 5 Feb 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Biological & Biomedical Sciences
QIAGEN is the leading global provider of Sample to Insight solutions to transform biological materials into valuable molecular insights. QIAGEN sample technologies isolate and process DNA, RNA and proteins from blood, tissue and other materials. Assay technologies make these biomolecules visible and ready for analysis. Bioinformatics software and knowledge bases interpret data to report relevant, actionable insights. Automation solutions tie these together in seamless and cost-effective molecular testing workflows. QIAGEN provides these workflows to more than 500,000 customers around the world in Molecular Diagnostics (human healthcare), Applied Testing (forensics, veterinary testing and food safety), Pharma (pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies) and Academia (life sciences research).
The Role - Duties & Responsibilities
We are currently looking for a professional, patient-focused individual to join us in NSW as Account Manager - Molecular Diagnostics
The key responsibilities of this position are:
- Account Management - This role will be part of the Molecular Diagnostics Division where the focus will be to manage & strategically grow accounts within the territory
- Sydney based - Covering the NSW/ACT territory
- Selling capital equipment & reagents into private and public hospitals / pathology, covering a range of key contacts including – C-Suite, Pathology Scientists, Clinicians, Procurement & Nurse Unit Managers
- Field-based sales - identifying new business opportunities for sales and managing existing accounts
- Strategic Planning - Developing and implementing account plans
- Manage Growth - Identifying, building and leveraging relationships with KOLs
- Problem Solving - Managing and resolving complex business problems with a consultative solution based approach
- Work for a world leader in Clinical Diagnostics - enjoying promoting cutting edge, innovative products
- We offer attractive salary package including attractive base + car allowance + commission + super to the right candidate.
- Our company has a QIAwellness program supporting employees to focus on their health and well being
- Joining a friendly team culture and have lots of fun
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or higher - Biochemistry/ Molecular, Pathology, Sciences/ Life Science or similar
- Proven history (at least 5 years) of successful sales in the molecular diagnostics industry, with infectious disease background a bonus
- Refined business acumen and the ability to influence & collaborate across all levels of an organization – the ability to communicate from the laboratory to the C-suite
- Outstanding influencing, interpersonal and networking skills to drive successful relationship building
- Experience with, or knowledge of, Hospital Molecular Diagnostics Equipment and Reagents
- Motivated, required to travel - covering NSW/ACT territory
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Australian Citizen
- Must have current Australian driving licence
- Must have own car
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an account manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?