Case Worker Reunification
Advertiser: Link-Up (NSW) Aboriginal CorporationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Feb 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Indigenous & Multicultural Services
Link-Up (NSW) Aboriginal Corporation (Link-Up) assists all eligible Aboriginal people who have been directly affected by past government policies; being separated from their families and culture through forced removal; being fostered, adopted or raised in institutions. Link-Up supports the healing journeys of those removed delivering professional, culturally sensitive and confidential research, reunions and Social, Emotional and Wellbeing services.
We are currently seeking an experienced Caseworker to join our Reunification team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The prime objective is to conduct family reunions for Indigenous people who have been affected by removal.
- Assist in research and referral of clients when required.
- Provide case management plans.
- Prepare and maintain accurate client files.
- Maintain regular client contact and provide client support by working closely with Family History Researchers and Counsellors.
- Plan, attend and conduct reunions within Australia.
- Regularly audit client files.
- Engage with Aboriginal, Torres Strait and non-Indigenous communities, and other service providers.
- Aboriginality is a genuine requirement and is authorised by Section 14a of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977
- Certificate IV in Community Services or relevant
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the impact of past Government policies on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in Australia.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of case management approaches to service delivery.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, including working with people from culturally diverse backgrounds
If you are looking to work within an environment that supports Indigenous communities, offers ongoing professional development, access to tax effective salary packaging, a friendly team and a supportive environment then click APPLY, or email your resume and covering letter to email@example.com
Applications will close Friday, 21 February 2020.
Please note; due to the large number of applicants, only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
Standing in the present, acknowledging the past, looking forward ... Creating History
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience working with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island communities?
- Have you completed a qualification in community services?