Advertiser: Link-Up (NSW) Aboriginal CorporationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Feb 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
Link-Up (NSW) Aboriginal Corporation (Link-Up) assists all eligible Aboriginal people who have been directly affected by past government policies; being separated from their families and culture through forced removal; being fostered, adopted or raised in institutions. Link-Up supports the healing journeys of those removed delivering professional, culturally sensitive and confidential research, reunions and Social, Emotional and Wellbeing services.
We are currently seeking an experienced trauma based Counsellor to join our Reunification team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Offer a broad range of counselling services including trans-generational grief, trauma and family relationship counselling.
2. Work with Stolen Generation members to support healing programmes and related activities.
3. Provide trauma informed support, information and referral to facilitate client well-being.
4. Collaboratively work with Caseworkers to provide positive outcomes for clients.
5. Attending reunions and healing weekends to support clients on their journey.
6. Provide detailed reports and maintain accurate client files.
7. Maintain client confidentiality and privacy.
- Aboriginality is a genuine requirement and is authorised by Section 14a of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
- Minimum Diploma in Counselling, Psychology or Social Work.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, with a deep understanding the impact of past Government policies.
- Demonstrated counselling skills in trauma and grief, with knowledge of social, emotional and mental health issues.
- Ability to provide culturally appropriate healing methods.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel within NSW and interstate as required.
If you are looking to work within an environment that supports Indigenous communities, offers ongoing professional development, access to tax effective salary packaging, a friendly team and a supportive environment then click APPLY, or email your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close Friday, 21 February 2020.
Please note; due to the large number of applicants, only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
Standing in the present, acknowledging the past, looking forward ... Creating History
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Do you have experience working with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island communities?