Advertiser: Link-Up (NSW) Aboriginal CorporationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Feb 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Management
Link-Up (NSW) Aboriginal Corporation (Link-Up) assists all eligible Aboriginal people who have been directly affected by past government policies; being separated from their families and culture through forced removal; being fostered, adopted or raised in institutions. Link-Up supports the healing journeys of those removed delivering professional, culturally sensitive and confidential research, reunions and Social, Emotional and Wellbeing services.
We are currently seeking an experienced Programme Manager to oversee the Social, Emotional and Wellbeing (SEWB) and Youth and Community (YAC) streams.
The SEWB stream consists of all existing SEWB specialised services (Reunification programme and Royal Commission Counsellor) with scope for stream growth and a focus on trauma and clinical programmes.
The YAC stream consists of all existing Y&C specialised services (Family Link, Hidden Carers, Community Builders and Youth Mentoring) with additional fee for service opportunities.
- Ability to lead, mentor and support direct reports.
- The ability to communicate sensitively and effectively, building respect and rapport with team members.
- Creative and effective problem solving skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to maintain constructive, collaborative and long term professional relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Qualifications in Management and or Community Services is desired.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the SEWB stream consisting of all existing SEWB specialised services (Reunification programme and Royal Commission Counsellor) with scope for stream growth and a focus on trauma and clinical programmes.
- Overseeing the YAC stream, consisting of all existing Y&C specialised services (Family Link, Hidden Carers, Community Builders and Youth Mentoring) with additional fee for service opportunities.
- Leading the design, delivery and ongoing assessment of culturally appropriate, supportive and effective client centred services.
- Identifying, scoping and managing the implementation of strategic business development and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Community development and outreach.
- Networking, building and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
- Contract management and reporting to funding bodies.
- Aboriginality is a genuine requirement and is authorised by Section 14a of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the impact of past Government policies on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Proven programme and/or contract management experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in managing staff.
- Ability to travel within NSW, and interstate as required.
- Current and valid NSW Drivers License.
If you are looking to work within an environment that supports Indigenous communities, offers ongoing professional development, access to tax effective salary packaging, a friendly team and a supportive environment then click APPLY, or email your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close Friday, 21 February 2020.
Please note; due to the large number of applicants, only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
Standing in the present, acknowledging the past, looking forward ... Creating History
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a programme manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Have you completed a qualification in management?
- Do you have experience working with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island communities?