Fundraising Program Officer
Advertiser: Surf Life Saving Western AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Feb 2020
- Perth, Northern Suburbs & Joondalup
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Fundraising
When West Aussies head out for a day at a patrolled beach, they will see the iconic red and yellow uniforms of our volunteer lifesavers. Because of the work of these volunteers they are in safe hands.
These dedicated and highly trained lifesavers keep beachgoers safe between the flags along our vast and beautiful coastline.
SLSWA supports these volunteers and Surf Life Saving Clubs so they can do what they do best. But they also offer a range of safety and rescue services; community programs; school education programs; beach safety programs for children; first aid education and a range of surf sports programs for all ages.
Saving lives is at the core of all that we do.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Fundraising Program Officer to be a vital part of our donor care team.
You’ll be part of a small team and assist with the essential administration and program coordination of our fundraising programs.
This role is ideal for you if you have a genuine interest in the not-for-profit sector and would like to develop your skills in this area.
You’ll provide essential high level administrative support, contribute to fundraising programs and events, liaise with donors, and help build key relationships with supporters and stakeholders of Surf Life Saving Western Australia.
If you take pride in providing a positive experience for donors, are highly organized, a skilled administrative professional, enjoy taking care of the little details, and are excited to be part of a growing fundraising program – this position is for you.
Key duties include:
- Coordinate fundraising programs and events for maximum growth and success
- Cultivate key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage long term relationships with donors by coordinating donor journey communications
- Coordinate administration functions to support fundraising initiatives
- Keep up-to date and accurate donor records, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the database
- Coordinate correspondence to donors
- Manage relationships with donors by providing support to donors via phone and email
Skills you’ll need:
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Advanced skills in general computing programs including Word, Excel, and CRM databases
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage priorities, meet deadlines and problem solve
- Proven high-level organisational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to uphold a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as in a team environment
- Experience in donor centric communication
- Experience in developing donor and stakeholder relationships
- Experience working in the not-for-profit or charity sector
- Experience with iMIS database or similar
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please click on the Apply for this job button, and:
- Submit a pdf of your cover letter which clearly addresses the skills required
- Submit a pdf of your resume
- Answer all Seek questions
You must have the right to work permanently in Australia.
SLSWA is an equal opportunity employer with commitment to safeguarding children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to provide a working with children check and national police check.
For more information about this position, please call Ellaine Hislop on 08 9207 6666.
To view the full position description please visit www.mybeach.com.au/employment
Applications close 5pm, Thursday 27 February 2020
*Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?