Mechanical Fitters - FIFO
Advertiser: WA Site ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Feb 2020
- Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara
- Work Type
- Trades & Services, Fitters, Turners & Machinists
WA Site Services Pty Ltd (WASS) is a leading provider of mechanical and balanced machine maintenance, repair and support services to the Western Australian mining and resources sector. As a Western Australian owned and operated Company with Offices and Workshops in Perth and Roebourne, WASS is well positioned to deliver the full range of onsite and offsite services to mining operations across the Pilbara, North West, Gascoyne regions & interstate if required.
Overview of Specialist Balanced Machine Works:
- Machine Audit Inspections & Structural Inspections
- Rail Inspections/Surveys
- Slew Bearing Replacements
- Finite Element Analysis
- Bogie Change Outs/Rebuilds
- Reclaimer Bucket Change Outs/Rebuilds
- Gearbox & Long Travel Drive Change Outs/Rebuilds
- Stave Rope Change Outs
- Pulley Change Outs
- Luffing Cylinder works
- Pump Rebuilds
- Fabrication Service
- Mobile Line Boring
- Asset management
- Design & Drafting of Balance Machine Upgrades
- Supply of balance machine components & materials handling equipment (Extended Life Cycle)
WASS requires trade qualified Mechanical Fitters who are capable of completing the above mentioned boutique and specialised works. Furthermore, WASS has a strong safety focus due to our regimented contracts with our Top-Tier Clients. You will be required to support a safe work culture at all times.
To be considered for these casual positions, interested applicants are required to have:
- A recognised Australian Trade qualification
- Working at Heights ticket
- Confined Space and Gas Test Atmosphere ticket
- Minimum of 12 months' experience in mechanical shutdowns
- Rights to work in Australia
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical and regular drug & alcohol assessment
- Current Drivers Licence (HR licence highly regarded)
- EWP and Forklift ticket (highly regarded)
- Rio Tinto/ Roy Hill inducted (highly regarded)
- MSIC (highly regarded)
These roles are FIFO out of Perth or DIDO from Karratha, Port Hedland and Newman.
To register your interest, please email your CV along with qualifications and at least two recent work referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Apply Below.
- How many years' experience do you have as a mechanical fitter?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?