- Job Listing Date
- 14 Feb 2020
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Salary $67,846 to $78,126 pa + 9.5% Super + RDO
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Law Clerks & Paralegals
Full Time Permanent Position
Salary Range $67,846 to $78,126 pa + 9.5% Super + RDO
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs, and we want you to enjoy the benefits that best work for you and your stage of life. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and countless opportunities for professional and personal development. You'll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne's fastest growing municipalities.
City of Melton is looking for a motivated and responsive Infringement Review Officer who would like to join its Legal and Governance team.
We are seeking a person with well-developed written and verbal communication skills that enjoy working in a busy and fast paced legislative environment. As an Infringement Review officer you will provide professional and efficient management of the end to end administrative processing of infringement reviews and deliver excellent customer service.
- Provide end to end administrative processing of infringement reviews within statutory timeframes.
- Make administrative decisions in relation to infringement review applications in accordance with administrative law principles, relevant legislation (Infringements Act, Victorian Road Rules, Domestic Animals Act, Council's General Local Law), any departmental guidelines and any internal policies and procedures.
- Provide technical advice and draft written responses to queries from applicants and other MCC stakeholders explaining review outcomes and addressing any customer concerns.
- Provide input into policy development and process improvements.
- Undertake other duties and projects as directed.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Post-secondary qualification in legal administration or law or a substantial experience in a paralegal role desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of the Local Government Act, Infringements Act, Victorian Road Rules, Domestic Animals Act and Council's General Local Law.
- Experience and understanding of the administrative law principles.
- Highly developed computer skills and sound knowledge of Windows based applications and databases.
- Current valid Victorian drivers licence.
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: "a thriving community where everyone belongs" and that means there's a place here for you too. Council has a diverse and vibrant team serving our diverse and vibrant community and we'd love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future. Our values are:
- Continuous Improvement
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer LeaveFamily Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity.recruitmenthub.com.au/Staff-Benefits/
How to apply
For further information about the position, please contact Christine Denyer 9747 5367.
To view position description and apply visit: https://meltoncity.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/
Applicants must be available for interviews on Thursday 27 February 2020.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 21 February 2020
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
At Melton City Council we care for our people, we're committed to the professional growth of our employees and support balance and flexibility. If you want to work with talented, passionate people and build a thriving and vibrant community, we encourage you to apply. We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.