- Job Listing Date
- 6 Feb 2020
- Attractive Salary + Annual Bonus + Vehicle + Super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, Other
Olympic Dam – General Manager
About the company
Ahrens is a fourth-generation South Australian family-owned business. Ahrens currently employs almost 1000 people nationally, and this number continues to increase as we experience further significant growth through-out all of our divisions. We are proud to say each of our divisions are leaders of their industry. Our leading divisions consist of construction, engineering, rural infrastructure, water storage, electrical and mining services.
About the role:
The General Manager is required to plan, direct and coordinate the operations of The Ahrens – Olympic Dam Division. The General Manager will ensure that all Ahrens Olympic Dam projects are completed on time, within budget and to quality specifications.
The General Manager has overall responsibility for the performance and function of this division and its staff.
Reporting to the Manager of Resource Operations this role requires someone that lives local to the area or is willing to relocate.
- Responsible for strategic planning and ensuring sustainable growth
- Visit and inspect project sites as required to maintain client confidence and ensure progress is in line with expectations
- Management of employees, customer relations, business development and finances;
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all employees, sub-contractors and members of the public through strict adherence to OHS procedures;
- Manage capital projects and strategic initiatives supporting business objectives;
- Lead, direct and mentor divisional staff assisting in their personal development;
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a Similar role;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in Olympic Dam
- Relevant Trade Qualification
- Demonstrated Senior Operational Skills
- Team Leadership
**Candidate must live local to the area or willing to relocate.**
- Attractive Pay Rate
- Annual Bonus
- Company Vehicle
- Relocation Assistance Provided (if necessary)
- Career Progression Opportunities
How to apply
To apply please click the ‘Apply Now’ button and send us your updated resume.
For a look at some of our other rewarding opportunities, please take a look at our website: www.ahrens.com.au