Environmental Officer - PMO - Canberra BasedPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Feb 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Health, Safety & Environment
Environmental Officer – PMO – Canberra Based (with frequent travel to sites within NSW)
An exciting opportunity to join one of Australia's leading renewable energy developers and become part of a dynamic team during the growth of its asset management business for large scale renewable energy projects across Australia.
CWP Asset Management are seeking an Environmental Officer to maintain environmental compliance and ensure CWP assets (Wind and Solar) are constructed and operated to the highest environmental standards. The Environmental Officer will work closely with all CWP construction and operations teams to ensure not only compliance with regulations and approvals are met but also identify, mitigate and report on potential risks and issues. The role will be part of the centralised Project Management Office (PMO) based in Canberra however attendance to project and operational sites will be required on a regular basis. It is essential that you have these skills at a mature level development in order to be proficient in this role.
Tasks and responsibilities that will be required will include:
Specific responsibilities include:
- Implement environmental management systems and procedures including reporting, compliance management, incident investigation, record keeping and communication protocols.
- Provide to the environment manager and project team technical support and solution focussed advice on environmental and sustainability matters including air quality, erosion and sediment control, noise management and biodiversity.
- Manage consultant engagements ensuring value for money, timeliness and fit for purpose outputs.
- Report monthly to the environmental manager on compliance related matters for each allocated project.
- Undertake tasks to achieve environmental compliance with the project approval requirements such as completing annual returns, compliance reports, updating approved management plans and providing input into the design process.
- Identify environmental and sustainability risks and issues for the project/facility and provide advice and assess measures to mitigate their impacts.
- Assist to meet post approval requirements such as management plan preparation, obtaining secondary permits, approvals and licences and review of contractor management plans ready for commencement of construction.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with the project teams to meet compliance obligations and actively promote and educate on environmental management to influence and enhance environmental outcomes.
- Undertake compliance tracking, environmental site inspections and audits of construction and operational activities to report on environmental risks and compliance in accordance with relevant NSW and Commonwealth legislation, and other policy requirements.
Essential Skill Sets
- A safety-first attitude
- Flexibility to attend project sites and operational assets on a regular basis
- Analyse and resolve technical, compliance and planning issues
- Collaborative approach, establishing and maintaining a high level of continuous communications with the Environmental Manager and site teams
- Capability to prepare clear and concise reports, prepare, track and report on non-conformances
- Focus on Quality, with good attention to detail in maintaining project records, document control
- Calm and clear thinking under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with good verbal and written communications
- Respectful attitude whilst maintain an honest and open dialogue, and ability to deliver to deadlines
- Tertiary educated in either Environmental Science or equivalent, or an extensive track record in ensuring environmental compliance on large-scale construction projects
- Unrestricted driving licence.
Desirable qualifications may include some of the following:
- Advanced Diploma in Environmental Science or equivalent.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
If this sounds like the exciting opportunity you have been looking for and If your skills and experience match the requirements, please submit an application.
Salary is commensurate with skill, qualifications and experience level.
Applications accepted via SEEK only.
Applications close on 21/2/2020
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?