Advertiser: Western Research InstituteMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Feb 2020
- Blue Mountains & Central West
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Analysts
About the business
The Western Research Institute (WRI) is a not-for-profit organisation that conducts social and economic research to support sustainable regional development.
WRI's role in supporting regional Australia is to connect organisations with independent research that enables sustainability, growth and future regional development.
WRI uses qualitative and quantitative research methodologies in our projects. Services include cost benefit analysis and business case development plus research projects using economic modelling and survey tools to measure social environmental and economic outcomes. We also evaluate programs, undertake process improvement projects and provide skills training and development opportunities for organisations operating in the regions of Australia.
Our services support our client's decision making in areas such as policy development, funding applications, project evaluation and more.
About the role
The Research Officer
The role works as a member of the research team. WRI's services are delivered within a quality framework so an attention to detail is an essential skill for the position. The independence and reliability of WRI are key attributes and your integrity and accuracy in preparing analysis will be key attributes for the successful applicant.
The position will assist in the preparation of frameworks for research projects and will provide data analysis on a range of topics. You need to possess business management and/or economic analysis skills. Survey design and data analysis are other key skills required in the position. You need high level skills using Microsoft products, particularly Excel, and have a background in research project work to be suitable for the position. You need to have the skills to write well and communicate effectively with colleagues and clients.
The position will be mentored by the research team to offer skills development opportunities in the position.
A position description is attached. Applicants must address in their application their abilities identified in the position description plus illustrate their attributes against the skills and knowledge requirements.
Salary will be negotiated in accordance with the skills of the successful candidate.
For more information visit the WRI website or contact the office on (02) 6333 4000.
Applications must be submitted no later than 9:00am Monday 24 February 2020.
Benefits and perks
- Based in a growing, vibrant regional community
- Full time
Skills and experience
- Accurately analyse information and data and prepare reports on findings.
- Participate in planning sessions where project scopes are determined.
- Design and undertake primary data collection including face to face and online surveys, interviews and focus group sessions.
- Analyse and interpret data using economic modelling tools and survey tools.
- Prepare well written reports.
- Client relationship management.
- Deliver outcomes within a project management framework, meeting project deadlines and budgets.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Degree or equivalent in economics, business or social science.
- An interest in regional economic growth and ability to see and articulate opportunities for regional sustainability.
- Experience working within a team on research projects.
- High level skills using Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- High level skills and demonstrated experience in the manipulation of data in spreadsheets.
- High level oral communication skills to enable strong relationship building and high level written communication skills to enable the delivery of well developed plain English reports.
- Time management skills to cope with competing timeframes across multiple projects.
- Integrity and discretion with very high ethical standards.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?