Team Leader - Social Support Program
Advertiser: Shoalhaven Neighbourhood ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Feb 2020
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- (SCHADS)Award - Level 4, Pay Point 1 - 4.
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
Shoalhaven Neighbourhood Services Inc
Position Vacant: Team Leader- Part time, Fixed term contract (with possibility to extend, subject to funding)
30 Hours per week Location: Nowra
Shoalhaven Neighbourhood Services provide a range of essential community services via the operation of two neighbourhood centres, community development initiatives, and delivery of Social Support to people over 65 and personalised services to participants with an approved NDIS plan in the northern Shoalhaven region.
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic professional to join our team as a Team Leader. The successful candidate will work under general direction from the Manager to coordinate, administer and lead a team to deliver high quality, professional and individualised services to clients over 65 or people with an approved NDIS plan to enable them to achieve their goals and aspirations.
We are looking for someone with a passion for community, a positive attitude, and who is flexible but also reliable and committed to making a difference in the lives of our community. We need someone with superior attention to detail and a willingness to learn and be responsive to the on-going changes in the Aged Care and NDIS industry.
The role involves:
- Leading and coordinating all day to day aspects of the delivery of the client services for NDIS, Commonwealth Home and Support Programme (CHSP) Social Support, fee for service and brokerage clients including individual and group activities.
- Working with clients to develop individualised plans and establish service agreements.
- Participating in recruitment of Direct Support Workers.
- Providing supervision, support and guidance to volunteers and Direct Support Workers in the delivery of services.
- Managing the rostering of our social support team.
- Plan and facilitate regular team meetings and professional development opportunities.
- Building on our positive team environment through the demonstration of effective interpersonal and leadership skills and
- Support service delivery after hours, as required, as part of the on call roster.
If this sounds like you – please see the selection criteria below and how to apply.
Applications close: Friday 28th February 2020 at 3pm
About You: To be eligible for the position you need to be able to show that you meet the selection criteria as listed below:
- Degree in Healthy Ageing or equivalent with one years’ experience or Diploma/ Associate Diploma in Community Services or equivalent with current relevant experience or lesser relevant formal qualifications with substantial years of current relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team and providing effective individual and team support in a human services organisation.
- High level administrative skills including demonstrated experience in using IT and Microsoft Office suite and maintaining records in accordance with legislation and contractual requirements.
- High level organisational skills: Ability to schedule manage and maintain effective staff rosters, meetings, events and appointments.
- Effective time management skills; ability to problem solve, prioritise and manage variable workloads on a daily basis.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the aged care and/or disability field including conducting client assessments and developing client care plans and service agreements in conjunction with clients and their carers.
- High Level interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to provide a respectful and welcoming service to our clients and their carers and to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, and be independent and self-motivated.
- Current drivers licence and willingness to use own vehicle (which is covered by comprehensive insurance) for work purposes
- Qualifications in Project management and/or Human Resources management or equivalent
- Understanding of the NDIS
- Knowledge of local Community Services Organisations
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience using Office 365 applications
To Apply: Please ensure to include the following documents with your application:
- A short cover letter of introduction including your full name, address, email address and best contact number and an explanation why you are applying for the position and what motivates you to work in this field.
- A current resume including qualification/s, employment history, voluntary work, training courses and 2 referees
- A separate attachment addressing the essential and desirable criteria point by point. Please address all points listed in the selection criteria as detailed on page one and two and do not skip any.
**Applications that do not include the above 3 documents will not be considered. **
Applications can be forwarded to email@example.com or addressed to The Manager, 41 Worrigee St, Nowra NSW 2541
Salary: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Industry Award 2010 - Level 4, Pay Point 1 to 4 depending on qualifications and experience.
- To display informed affinity with the ideas, aspirations and ethics of Shoalhaven Neighbourhood Services Incorporated and to identify with its purpose.
- To be an active participant in the organisations cross functional teams.
- To attend appropriate development and training courses.
- Adhere to Shoalhaven Neighbourhood Services Incorporated Policy and Procedures and the constitution.
- Shoalhaven Neighbourhood Services Incorporated premises are a smoke free environment including any motor vehicle being used for Shoalhaven Neighbourhood Services Incorporated tasks or duties.
- Willingness to work under Workplace Health and Safety guidelines and adhere to grievance procedures.
- Demonstrate commitment to equal employment opportunity principles with regard to all employment activities.
- A National Criminal History record check must be cleared for successful employment – this check will be conducted by Shoalhaven Neighbourhood Services Incorporated prior to employment and every three years thereafter.
Shoalhaven Neighbourhood Services Incorporated is an EEO employer.