Botanist or Ecologist
Advertiser: Umwelt Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Feb 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Environment & Sustainability Consulting
A great opportunity for an experienced Botanist or Ecologist who is looking to progress their career working within a growing QLD ecology team.
- Vibrant team culture
- Diverse project opportunities
- Employee-owned Australian Company
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Botanist or Ecologist who is looking to progress their career in ecological consulting. Our ideal candidate holds prior experience as an ecological consultant in Queensland conducting vegetation surveys and is motivated to develop their technical skills on a number of exciting Projects. The successful applicant strives for technical excellence and will be focused on delivering high quality project outcomes.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic experienced Botanist or Ecologist who has:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field, and has between 2-6 years’ experience
- Ecological and project management skills with Queensland botanical experience and demonstrated knowledge of Qld Regional Ecosystems highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience in planning and undertaking ecological surveys, particularly flora survey and assessment and vegetation mapping
- Experience in developing and maintaining positive relationships with a range of stakeholders including peers, clients and government agencies
- Ability to work autonomously, is highly motivated and has strong team commitment
- Willing to work flexible hours and travel for work.
What we offer:
- A genuine career role for an experienced and enthusiastic Ecological professional looking to continue to develop their leadership skills and experience
- A role working alongside well-recognised professionals
- Flexible working arrangements
- Strong organisational values
- An attractive remuneration package.
We are a leading environmental and social consultancy committed to delivering high quality services, tailored to the needs of our regional, national and international clients. Our skilled team works across Australia in sectors including resources, Defence, infrastructure, mining, industry and renewables. To learn more about what we do go to: www.umwelt.com.au
Our people are our number one asset and we are committed to providing a flexible workplace that supports our team to grow.
If you believe you meet the criteria, apply via SEEK by submitting your Covering Letter addressing how you meet the above essential criteria and your CV outlining your previous experience.
Applications close 21 February 2020, however, we will be interviewing suitable candidates as soon as they are identified and may fill the role prior to this date. We therefore request that you make your application for this role as soon as possible.
Umwelt are wholly managing this process and applications from third party recruiters will not be accepted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?