Optical (OCT) Physicist - Instrument Manufacturing
Advertiser: Cylite Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Feb 2020
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Chemistry & Physics
Cylite is a technology company operating at the cutting edge of optical imaging systems for ophthalmic and related markets. We are in the process of launching a highly innovative product based on Hyper-Parallel Optical Coherence Tomography (HP-OCT) for high-speed imaging of the eye. Production of these instruments is done at our cleanroom facility, using highly sophisticated optical alignment and manufacturing processes. The company is based in Notting Hill, Melbourne, adjacent to the Monash University Science and Technology Precinct, and provides a collaborative, inclusive, and stimulating work environment. We are looking for an Optical (OCT) Physicist, who applies a scientific understanding and method in developing and automating the tools and systems used for builds of instruments and their sub-assemblies and improves on their throughput and quality.
The role has responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Develop a high level of personal expertise on the Cylite OCT optics design, construction of optics assemblies and all corresponding documented processes. Gain a thorough understanding of the underlying Optical Physics and its application at Cylite.
- Develop and improve on instrument assembly process equipment (optical alignment of lenses, mirrors, photodetectors, etc.); collaborate with other Engineers and Scientists on the design of process equipment; automate assembly processes using LabView and other tools.
- Troubleshoot; Diagnose problems that arise in manufacturing and provide solutions.
- Product validation and calibration; develop tools for calibration processes.
- Specify, validate, and calibrate precision test & measurement equipment for use as production tools.
- Operate effectively within our Quality Management regime with regards to the maintenance of documentation and records; create or improve on existing manufacturing SOP's, assembly drawings, and other technical documentation as required.
- Over time, take ownership of many optics processes and pass on skills and knowledge; supervision, mentorship, and training of more junior staff on build processes and equipment; oversee those system builds completed by others
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- A post-graduate degree in Physics.
- Advanced understanding of Optics, OCT, Medical Imaging, and Optical Spectroscopy.
- Prior optical system build experience; demonstrable skill in the fine adjustment of precision optics.
- Prior experience in a high-technology manufacturing environment and preferably in an optics-related industry.
- Experience with the installation and commissioning of measurement equipment.
- LabView programming experience in measurement and automation, algorithm development and data analysis.
- A passion for precision and quality.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good communication skills; can collaborate effectively with team members and give training to other production technicians.
If you would like to apply, please forward an up to date copy of your resume with a covering letter highlighting the experience you consider most relevant to the role. Please also include a clear indication of your availability to attend for interview and to start work.
Cylite is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity and inclusion.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your highest level of education?