Advertiser: STREATMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Feb 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Bakers & Pastry Chefs
STREAT is a social enterprise that operates its hospitality enterprises to fund and support hospitality training for disadvantaged youth since 2010.
Our flagship site in Collingwood incorporates a bakery, café, coffee roastery and catering kitchen. We believe that employing the best staff using the best methods to make the best products provides our trainees with the strongest skills for their future.
Our bakery is growing rapidly and now needs another talented and dedicated baker to produce our bakery and patisserie product range.
Duties and responsibilties
- Mixing, cutting, moulding and shaping dough and pastry goods and preparing pastry fillings
- Operating ovens to produce consistent, high quality bakery products
- Communicating and coordinating with other bakery shifts and sections
- Maintaining a safe and clean bakery
Your skills and experience
- Certificate III in Retail Baking (or equivalent)
- At least 3 years experience working in a similar role
- A passion for creating high quality products with strong consistency
- Strong attention to detail with excellent food hygiene, and maintaining the highest occupational health & safety standards
- Be well organised, self-motivated and have an ability to work independently
- Experience in viennoiserie will be highly regarded
- This job will be located in Collingwood, Melbourne
- The job will include weekend, shift and evening work
- The job requires physical fitness and an ability to stand, bend, walk and lift substantial weights throughout the day
For more information on our organisation please visit www.streat.com.au
What we'd like from you
If you'd like to be considered for this role, please apply here through SEEK with your CV and a letter of why you'd like to work with us.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a baker?