Production Technician - Optics, Electronics, Medical Devices
Advertiser: Cylite Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Feb 2020
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Technicians
Cylite is a technology company operating at the cutting edge of medical imaging systems for ophthalmic and related markets. We are ramping production volumes and are looking for Technicians to join our company. We are especially interested in receiving applications from candidates with experience in handling Precision Optics. The company is based in Notting Hill, Melbourne, adjacent to the Monash University Science and Technology Precinct, and provides a collaborative, friendly, and stimulating work environment.
The role has responsibilities such as:
- Optical or Mechanical assembly according to our documented processes.
- Troubleshooting and fault-finding of sub-assemblies and PCBs.
- Board level repairs such as replacement of high pin count SMT components.
- Full hand-loading and testing of prototype PCBs.
- Fabrication of cables.
- Installation or updates of Software on PCBs and Instruments.
- Calibration and Maintenance of in-house instruments and other equipment.
- Accurate completion of Production Records and Non-conformance reports.
- Inspection of incoming goods.
- Providing feedback for process improvement.
- Ability to read and interpret schematic circuit diagrams and PCB layouts.
- Can follow SOP's and other documented procedures.
- Understanding of Electronics components and how to read their values.
- Awareness of the hazards and precautions in Electronic components handling.
- Experience in the use of test instrumentation such as DMMs and Oscilloscopes.
- High level of hand soldering skills including of SMT components.
- Cable fabrication skills such as correct wire crimping for high reliability.
- Computer literacy with IT systems such as databases and Microsoft Office.
- Works safely and with caution: our components are sensitive and high value.
- Shows excellent attention to detail.
- Is flexible and can adapt to changing demands.
- Possesses a strong work ethic; can work unsupervised; is reliable and responsible.
- Has good communication skills; can collaborate effectively with team members.
- Qualification in a relevant technical field at Trade, TAFE, or diploma level.
- 1-2 years’ or more experience in a laboratory or hi-tech manufacturing environment.
Desirable items, highly regarded:
- Prior experience with Precision Optics.
- Prior experience with Medical Devices.
- Microprocessor or LabView programming experience.
- A degree in Science or Engineering, preferably with an Electronics focus.
If you would like to apply, please forward an up to date copy of your resume with a covering letter highlighting the experience you consider relevant to the role. Please also include a clear indication of your availability to attend for interview and to start work.
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia. Cylite is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity and inclusion.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your highest level of education?
- How many years' experience do you have as a service technician?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)