Safety Officer - PMO - Canberra BasedPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Feb 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Health, Safety & Environment
Safety Officer – PMO – Canberra Based (with frequent travel to sites within NSW)
An exciting opportunity to join one of Australia's leading renewable energy developers and become part of a dynamic team during the growth of its asset management business for large scale renewable energy projects across Australia.
CWP Asset Management are seeking a Safety Officer whose role will be to support a safety-first culture throughout CWP Renewables. The Safety Officer will be responsible for providing operational safety advice, investigation and safety audit services across CWP Renewables development, construction and operational sites. The role will work collaboratively with internal customers and external service providers to ensure the conformance with legal and contractual requirements and evaluates operational compliance with approved safety management systems. The role will be part of the centralised Project Management Office (PMO) based in Canberra however attendance to project and operational sites will be required on a regular basis.
It is essential that you have these skills at a mature level development in order to be proficient in this role.
- Provide advice and support to CWP Renewables management, employees and contractors on the effective management of operational health and safety matters
- Undertake safety system and performance auditing of construction and maintenance contract service providers in consultation with project managers, site representatives and the Safety Manager
- Support the Safety Manager with investigations of safety incidents as required
- Monitor and report operational safety performance to management, employees and contractors to create awareness and improve overall behaviours
- Work closely with the Safety Manager to provide ongoing process and system improvements to ensure quality health and safety outcomes
- Assist with Safety training across the whole of CWP
- Perform other duties, commensurate with skills and experience as requested.
Essential Skill Sets
- Demonstrated functional experience in a similar field health and safety role (as a guide, approximately 5+ years)
- Ability to maintain effective and collaborative relationships across diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in the application of relevant legislation governing safety management of construction/high-risk activities
- Demonstrated ability and experience in providing advice within construction, electricity, manufacturing or similar industries
- Demonstrated experience and skills in auditing and investigation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence outcomes
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgement and problem solving with the ability to resolve and address issues as they arise
- Demonstrated positive and flexible attitude with a willingness to take on a wide range of diverse tasks and adjust to competing priorities
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Registered Auditor – Safety Management Systems (Desirable)
- ICAM or equivalent investigation trained
If this sounds like the exciting opportunity you have been looking for and if your skills and experience match the requirements, please submit an application.
Salary is commensurate with skill, qualifications and experience level
Applications accepted via SEEK only
Applications close on 21/2/2020
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?