- Job Listing Date
- 8 Feb 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
Animal Welfare League NSW is a registered charity that cares for surrendered, neglected and abandoned animals and gives them a second chance at life. Our vision is for all companion animals to have a safe and loving home and we make a real difference to the lives of animals most in need.
Located in a beautiful setting in Kemps Creek, our facilities are a 10-minute drive from the Elizabeth Drive exit off the M7.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is genuinely excited at the opportunity to manage the full spectrum of a generalist HR function across our organisation. In this stand-alone role you will work alongside the CEO and deliver an impactful and efficient HR support function to the organisation.
In the role you will:
- Drive all recruitment, selection and onboarding processes
- Provide advice and support to managers around performance and grievance issues
- Administer the annual remuneration review process
- Manage the full range of employee related benefits available within the organisation
- Promote and monitor employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Deliver learning and development programs
- Develop and maintain all HR-related policies and procedures
- Implement staff retention and engagement strategies
To be successful you will have:
- A qualification in an HR-related degree is essential
- 8-10 years’ relevant generalist human resources experience
- Previous experience within a not for profit is beneficial
- Advanced technical experience in the application of Fair Work Act (2009) and award interpretation
- Highly advanced influencing skills combined with empathy and confidentiality
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A confident and calm professionalism
- A team player capable of building good working relationships
- Flexibility and resilience
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in Human Resources (HR)?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?