General Manager of Operations
Advertiser: AvigrainMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Feb 2020
- Gosford & Central Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
About the business
Avigrain makes birdseed. Years of providing best in category quality and service has made Avigrain Australia's leading brand in birdseed.
Our grain processing plants also make poultry, small animal and horse feeds and we are poised to grow market share and develop new products in these areas.
We run small production teams and are a family run business so staff satisfaction is a key business goal.
About the role
GM of operations will be tasked with oversight and maintenance of our production and distribution systems.
This incorporates all aspects of running an SME:- running a small production crew, HR, WHS, business administration, logistics.
Our aim is to produce quality products, delivered in full and on time.Success will be judged on those outcomes.
Avigrain is poised to leverage our leading birdseed brand into other products and markets.
Your key role will be to lead and manage this growth opportunity.
- Market analysis
- Product development
- Sales and Marketing
- Process development
A successful applicant will have a track record of success in one of the areas above and a willingness to learn and apply new skills.
Benefits and perks
Working in a birdseed factory is not glamorous.
Employees like working at Avigrain because:-
- They are treated with respect and dignity, our new GM will have the same philosophy and can expect the same in return.
- We are flexible with working hours so that the job gets done but also personal and family life is accommodated.
- It's a permanent job. Our philosophy is that workers need income certainty so we have no casual staff.
- It's close to home, no long commutes.
- We promote training and further education within the workplace
- We take safety seriously
- We care about the world we live in
Skills and experience
Avigrain's GM of operations will need to apply a wide range of skills.
There are two key aspects to the role:-
- Managing current operations
- Driving growth
Our ideal candidate is passionate about pets, has run small manufacturing teams, successful product launches, has an MBA and can tell the difference between jap millet and panorama.
But - we're pragmatic. We are looking for candidates who have skills and experience in some of the areas described above and are willing and able to learn and apply new skills.