- Job Listing Date
- 10 Feb 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
We make a real difference to the lives of animals most in need.
Animal Welfare League NSW cares for surrendered, neglected and abandoned animals and gives them a second chance at life. Our vision is for all companion animals to have a safe and loving home.
The Animal Welfare League NSW is looking for Animal Attendants to join our Kemps Creek based shelter.
The successful applicant will join a supportive and dedicated team to assist in providing ongoing care to animals coming into the League with continual growth and improvement of our processes and procedures to improve the human-animal bond.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in the animal welfare industry
- Minimum Certificate II Animal Studies
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision within frameworks
- A developed understanding of basic animal care and husbandry
- Be able to work on a rotating roster
Why join AWL
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and remuneration package commensurate with experience
- A supportive culture in a semi-rural setting
- A real opportunity to save lives and make a difference
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- What's your highest level of education?