Advertiser: Duratec Australia Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Feb 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Project Engineering
Duratec Australia is a construction contractor specialising in the protection and remediation of steel and concrete structures and considered one of the country's fastest growing privately owned companies that consist of twelve branches across Australia servicing the Mining, Oil and Gas, Marine industries, Government and Defence assets and Commercial Infrastructure including heritage buildings.
Due to an ever growing portfolio of awarded contracts within the commercial, industrial and defence sectors, we are currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer with remediation or construction experience to join our growing NSW Project Team based in Newington, Sydney. This immediate role will involve some site based works in Sydney and the role will involve ongoing site based projects around the NSW region. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be primarily responsible for assisting the project team in all day to day operations and running of the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing multiple projects across multiple disciplines
- Controlling and managing all aspects of the projects
- Project managing from initial site setup to completion
- Ensuring compliance with HSECQ requirements
- Ensuring effective cost control and efficient running of projects
- Coordinating direct labour and subcontractors
- Project progress reporting and conducting weekly meetings
- Provision of advice on any technical and engineering issues
- Liaise closely with the client ensuring project runs to program
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role within the building and construction industry – Remediation experience preferred but not a must
- Excellent programming and planning skills
- Be highly articulate with strong leadership and communication skills
- Extensive project management and delivery skills, including budgeting, coordinating work priorities, cost control, stakeholder management, subcontractor management, documentation, statutory approvals, and leading project teams.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and MS Project and AutoCAD is also preferred
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
We are currently undergoing a period of rapid growth and are seeking motivated, highly organised individuals with strong interpersonal skills to join our project delivery and support teams. Our fast paced and supportive working environment will provide you with a wide range of employee benefits including competitive rates and the ongoing opportunity for career progression.
- Career Development
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Work-Life Balance
- Mentoring by Industry leaders
- Rewarding and Supportive Culture
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company then we want to hear from you! To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form.
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**