- Job Listing Date
- 10 Feb 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
About RSL LifeCare
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW, ACT and Qld. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
Our vision is one of "Continuing in the ANZAC spirit" by developing supportive, dynamic retirement living communities and providing award-winning, innovative and personalised care for our clients and residents. We are passionate about supporting our residents and clients to live fulfilling lives and enable their sense of wellbeing and independence.
An exciting opportunity has become available for Home Care specialists to provide home care services in and around the North Sydney and northern beaches area. We are looking for staff members who have flexible hours and ability to work weekends.
The ideal candidates for this role are passionate about delivering outstanding care and service to our clients, in a dignified and safe manner while being considerate of their cultural needs. You will be well organised and an exceptional communicator who thrives in a fast paced although highly rewarding environment.
The essential selection criteria for the role includes:
- Certificate III or IV in Aged Care or Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community) or working towards this, or a Bachelor of Nursing student
- Experience in caring for the aged within a residential setting or community care service
- Current First Aid Certificate
- A current Australian Driver's Licence and your own reliable, registered and comprehensively insured vehicle (petrol allowance provided)
- National Police Clearance Check
- The ability to take initiative, to problem-solve, be flexible and adapt to changing needs.
- The ability to use a smart phone (i.e. mobile phone with touch screen, internet, and email) and basic computer skills.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Desirable selection criteria for the role includes:
- Flexible positive attitude and genuine interest in Aged Care
- The ability to work independently and to accept a level of responsibility.
If you are looking for an opportunity to pursue your passion, apply your skills and initiative and make a difference, you could benefit from:
- an attractive salary package (including 'not for profit' salary sacrifice packaging)
- internal and external learning and development opportunities
- a supportive work culture, committed to keeping you safe and secure
- our employee assistance program providing counselling services
- eligibility for our recognition program and celebration of service
- Annual flu vaccinations and Hepatitis B vaccination
- a chance to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference to our clients, our people and the community.
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
To apply, please select "Apply Now". Please include your resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria for the role to Suzanne Randall.
Applications close: Friday 9th March, 2020.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Have you completed a qualification in aged care?