- Job Listing Date
- 10 Feb 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Management
About RSL Queensland
Help change veterans’ lives for the better.
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years, and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and wellbeing services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives. They have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
Underpinning their welfare activities is funding from the RSL Art Union, the largest and most successful prize home lottery in Australia.
This is a rare opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organisation and contribute to building a brighter future and enduring legacy for Australia’s veterans.
About the Role
The Technology and Operations Manager is an exciting new leadership role that shapes and aligns our operations and business systems to deliver on our 2025 Strategy enablers.
The Technology and Operations Manager is a highly agile role reporting directly to the Commercial Operations Manager and will manage a small team to deliver continuous improvement of operational performance alongside significant change initiatives. This position will rely on strong knowledge of Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations ideally (or similar ERP), to ensure that system requirements, capability and impacts are understood and communicated. This role will also be responsible for:
- Effectively lead and organise the development and implementation of the operations and technology roadmap and project management activities to ensure the Technology and Operations team optimise performance, manage risk and deliver great outcomes for customers and stakeholders.
- Development and high-performing delivery of operational schedules and processes for the end to end lotteries cycle, assuring timely and high-quality completion of operational responsibilities across the entire Lotteries team.
- Ownership of core Lotteries processes and operating system and a key stakeholder for all other Lotteries business systems (including data warehouse, website and marketing automation).
- Management of the Lotteries relationship and interactions with the RSL Technology and Innovation team.
- Ownership and project management all continuous improvement initiatives relating to the Technology and Operations team.
- Contribute to and manage ongoing change and transformation of the business unit to the optimised Target Operating Model.
You will bring a strong understanding of the organisation and its values, culture and aims, which will allow you to deploy your expertise in a manner that aligns strongly with the direction of the business and to make a significant impact and contribution.
- Demonstrated experience delivering process and technology improvement initiatives with measurable results
- Strong functional understanding of Microsoft Dynamics 365 (FinOps)
- Degree qualification with major in Business, IT, Finance or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in an operations management role with a technology focus within a highly regulated, compliance focused sector
- Demonstrated experience in people leadership, communication and motivating high performing teams
We could talk about RSL Queensland’s flexible work arrangements, its fully stocked kitchens and fridges and our Benefits Hub. But the benefits that set us apart include:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented professionals. Every day, you will push the envelope as we work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?