Advertiser: PebmacMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Feb 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Purchasing, Procurement & Inventory
About the Role:
Discover a different side of the buzzing food, beverage and hospitality industry.
You might have a food sales background or experience as a chef that has had responsibility for stock control and want to take your career in a different direction. Alternatively, you have food industry knowledge and have a background in buying.
Key attributes you do possess include an analytical mind with an attention to detail with follow through to get the job done. You will also have demand planning skills and consistently forecast the demand for a product so it can be produced and delivered more efficiently and to the satisfaction of customers.
You understand what good business looks like. You're a people person, ready to build high quality relationships.
Expertise, passion and dedication is the recipe to seeing your career soar. Where new products and innovation are at the heart of every day and where you can offer solutions that genuinely make kitchens run more efficiently.
- purchasing a defined range of products
- planning and raising purchase orders in line with company policy
- control of stock items in accordance with inventory targets
- inventory reporting and management
- stock replenishment whilst achieving optimal stock turn rates
- Demand Planning, with previous experience dealing with impacts of seasonal or key events preferred (but not essential)
- Invoicing and administrative control
Skills & Experience:
- A solution-focused approach to business.
- Previous experience in using ERP systems preferred (but not essential).
- Previous experience using demand planning software.
- Previous exposure to large data sets
- Stock control
- Communication skills
- Short dated product buying
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- A competitive remuneration package is on offer
- Opportunities for training and further career development
About the Company:
We are a dynamic food service company specialising in the supply of a broad range of products to all sectors of the catering industry throughout south east Queensland. We are a privately owned company with 150+employees, a fleet of 30 delivery vehicles, a state of the art distribution facility and significant plans for future development of the business. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and an innovative business culture.
- Do you have purchasing experience?