Media Officer: Photographer/ Videographer
Advertiser: Funscape Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Feb 2020
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- Work Type
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Photography
Our company is called Funscape and our Mission is to ‘Create places where people have fun’.
We own and operate three local businesses and one global business including:
- Hangdog Climbing Gym
- Revolution Laser Arena & Archery Tag
- 3 Sixty Skate Park
- The Funpreneur Business Coaching
This is a fantastic opportunity for a person who wants to make a living out of their passion for taking photos and shooting video.
Reporting directly to the Marketing Coordinator, this role is responsible for the collection of photo and video content to be used in all forms of advertising and, business processes.
As the Media Officer you will be responsible for organising photo and video shoots, setting up lighting and staging, directing actors, editing photos and videos and organising and storing media.
You will establish a collaborative working relationship with the the entire Funscape team across all sites and work with our customers and partners
The six non negotiables of this role are:
- Technical Skill. You’ll need to be the type that nerds out when it comes to your equipment. We want someone who knows what they are doing. You will own your own DSLR and you will know how to use it. You’ll have plenty of experience editing video and you’ll be quick and efficient.
- Personal Management. You’ll need to be able to deliver to a deadline, prioritise your work and motivate yourself. We don’t like to micro manage, we want a go getter.
- Being teachable and coachable. There will be a LOT of learning on the job as we do marketing very differently. There is no place here for know-it-alls. We hire based primarily on attitude.
- Being a self-starter. Goals will be clearly defined from the outset. Often, it will be your job to determine what needs to happen, when and how. The attitude of continually starting things on your own is very important.
- Confidence. You will need to be confident walking up to people and asking for testimonials, confident giving directions to actors, kids, dogs… anyone!
Perks of the job:
- Flexible work hours
- Do what you love and get paid
- Working with exciting and fun products and people
- You’ll learn a lot about business
- Discounts and free entry to our locations
What’s on Offer?
Initially 2 days per week with a view to grow the role based on performance and results
How to Apply - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. ALL APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT DO THE BELOW WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
To apply simply head to one of our locations, grab some footage and then cut together a 30 second ‘showcase’ of that venue. We won’t use it for any advertising.
Email your video to Diana@funscape.com.au or provide a link to view your video.
To complete application upload your Resume and Cover Letter through this Ad.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?