Technical Support Engineer
Advertiser: Protecht Advisory Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Feb 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer to join our Technology team at Protecht. You will be the first point of contact for our external clients to help them troubleshoot through a range of solutions. This is an opportunity to join a fun, fast growing company and be part of a team that supports our flagship software.
The role will be based in our Sydney CDB office. We are looking for someone to be the friendly first point of contact and provide our clients with world class customer service, troubleshooting and technical support.
You will receive full training in risk management disciplines, our software platform and product offering. You will work across teams with industry expertise to support your problem-solving capability.
In this role you will:
- Be the first point of contact for client queries (via email and phone)
- Troubleshooting a customer’s technical issue using your software product knowledge
- Manage customer expectations regarding resolution times
- Work with various web technologies, databases, SQL and Unix/Linux
- Work with other stakeholder teams including Advisers, Sales, DevOps, etc
It would also be great if you:
- Have strong listening, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a motivated, proactive and positive approach.
- Your customer centric approach to everything you do.
- You have a quality focus with a strong attention to detail.
- Have an understanding of Business Intelligence.
- Risk Management experience or interest
This position has everything - loads of variety, a fun and friendly team, plenty of people contact. It's the perfect role for ‘a real people person’, keen to take on a position offering full training, autonomy and continual learning opportunities.
If you're ready to make a difference and be involved with a fantastic team look no further.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Ability to work in a small team in an agile environment
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Passionate about problem solving
- Ability to self-motivate and work in a team environment
- Associates Degree in Computer Science
Working at Protecht means you will have:
- A collaborative, friendly and open culture
- Opportunity to grow- if you want to progress, we will support you!
- A true flexible working environment
- Your Birthday off
- Fruit at work
- Friday night drinks (and this means soft drinks too)
- Regular out of the office social events (minimum monthly!)
- Fun monthly company meeting
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work in a Sydney CBD Location
How to Apply
- Please apply here or by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will need to be an Australian citizen or have a demonstrated right to live and work permanently in Australia.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a support engineer?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?