General Insurance AssistantPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2020
- Cairns & Far North
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Brokerage
About the business
We are a commercial insurance brokerage based in Cairns CBD. We specialise in corporate, commercial and SME Insurance. We are a growing company with offices currently located on the Gold Coast, Sydney and Cairns.
About the role
As a general insurance assistant, your role will be supporting our Cairns GM with administrative duties, claims handling & lodgement, client management and office support.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- General Insurance Processing
- Answering and directing incoming calls
- Initial client contact with direction from managing broker
- Initial lodgement direct with the insurer
- Ongoing claims management
- Reviewing and negotiating settlement to ensure client satisfaction
- Quoting and binding insurance policies
- General office duties including, banking, mail collection and ordering of stationery
Flexible work hours available to the right candidate.
Benefits and perks
- Be part of a growing company with a friendly working environment
Skills and experience
- Previous experience in the General Insurance Industry
- Excellent knowledge of claims guidelines within a broad range of general insurance products
- WinBeat experience preferred but not necessary
- Great communication and confidence to speak with customers, insurers and brokers
- Strong written and verbal communication
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Enthusiastic worker with a desire to succeed
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in the insurance industry?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?