Consultant / Senior ConsultantPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Management & Change Consulting
Two years in and looking for what’s next?
Our ideal candidate has:
- recently completed a graduate program or similar with a government department or corporate entity, OR
- gained one or two years experience in a management consultancy firm.
Your exposure to large organisations will have given you an understanding of the types of problems they encounter but an appreciation that you’d prefer to work for a small company with a desire to be a proactive force for good.
We can offer interesting and engaging work and ongoing progression at your own pace as you work through our career development framework. You will work and learn directly from business owners and senior leaders and have the opportunity to enhance your already diverse skill set.
Our people come from all walks of life, but everyone is the real deal, with a glass-half-full approach to life. The right candidate will have exceptional soft skills, be highly motivated and self-driven, be professional, resilient, flexible and honest.
We need someone who wants to work without a hierarchy, be accountable for key parts of projects and thrive under the expectation that their contribution is valued and will make a meaningful difference.
The successful candidate will:
- have some professional work experience (between six months to two years for Consultant; or two to four years for Senior Consultant), which will help them transition into this fast-paced role
- bring strong attention to detail
- have experience managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- have the ability to quickly build lasting, trusting relationships with our team and our clients
- have the desire and commitment for continual learning and personal development, underpinned by a willingness to learn and admit mistakes
- have a relentless focus on quality thinking
- be inspired by challenge and variety in work and clients
- enjoy sharing ideas and solving business puzzles
- participate in supporting and encouraging your team mates
- have a friendly, proactive and fun attitude.
Being able to demonstrate the following will be of significant advantage:
- excellent writing skills
- quality / critical thinking skills
- emotional intelligence to be able to quickly understand and adapt to changing situations, especially where you may not always have perfect information.
What does it mean to be part of the Grosvenor team?
Grosvenor is an employee-owned, growing management consulting firm helping our clients improve their procurement functions, property portfolios or their public sector organisation. We have national presence through our offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and Brisbane. We are a firm that genuinely cares about our staff and offers real work life balance. For over 20 years we have helped our public and private sector clients find fearless and practical solutions to complex problems. We help our clients achieve the right results in the right way.
We also stand apart from our competitors. We have a workplace flexibility policy that respects individual preferences and enables people to work in different ways. We trust the people we employ and empower them to contribute and meet the needs of the business, irrespective of whether they have commitments outside of work, or a need to work from home.
Do you have the Grosvenor DNA?
We're looking for a Consultant or Senior Consultant to help us continue to build our clients' success stories.
So if you:
- want to commence your consulting career with an organisation committed to your professional development
- relish new challenges and opportunities to develop knowledge and expertise to solve problems that matter
- want to collaborate with an intelligent, supportive and fun bunch of people
- want to belong to a firm that rewards all employees for their dedication, hard work and contribution (we throw legendary end of financial year and end of calendar year parties!)
…then perhaps it's Grosvenor you're looking for.
A day in the life of a Grosvenor consultant
Your day in the life of a Consultant will include a variety of activities, such as:
- supporting the delivery of projects in a range of areas including procurement advisory, property advisory and public sector advisory
- coordinating and contributing to stakeholder engagement to achieve project outcomes
- developing deliverables for clients such as compelling reports, engaging workshops or presentations under direction
- supporting other project team members
- contributing to proposal writing and business development activities.
The work is challenging, varied and rewarding. You'll be supported by a robust and inspiring career development program which has produced a number of outstanding staff who are now leaders in their field.
We sound like people you want to work with?
If Grosvenor sounds like your type of organisation, send us your resume and cover letter explaining why you believe you've got the Grosvenor DNA and credentials to be our next Consultant or Senior Consultant.
Applications close on 28 February at 5pm.
When preparing your application, please complete the VIA Survey of Character Strengths. It is a free test that takes about 30 minutes to complete. You can register for free at https://www.authentichappiness.sas.upenn.edu/user/login?destination=node/434. With your application please submit your top 5 character strengths as determined by the test available at the above website.
You can also check us out at www.grosvenorpg.com.au