Advertiser: Bridges Health & Community CareMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2020
- Hervey Bay & Fraser Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Since 1997, Bridges Health & Community Care Ltd. (BHCC) “Bridges” has assisted hundreds of people to move beyond the isolation and stigma of mental illness and addictions to a meaningful existence with a sense of purpose. The key foci on this journey of recovery are:
- Fostering the belief that recovery is possible and cultivating optimism;
- Strengths and resilience rather than illness and the possibility of failure,
- Building personal capacity, self-reliance, social and community connections and mainstream integration,
- Celebrating small steps rather than expecting over-night transformations.
Bridges have since introduced additional mental health and drug and alcohol services, a Psychology Practice, Allied Health, Child, Family & Youth Services, Disability Employment Services, program for offenders and NDIS services. We deliver a range of programs throughout rural and regional Qld, supported by professional staff committed to our practice principles of recovery, No Wrong door and exceptional customer service.
Purpose of the Role
The Administration Officer is responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the BHCC reception area. The primary purpose of the role is to provide high quality customer service to all BHCC Ltd. clients, in addition to the provision of a high standard of professional and efficient administrative support to Bridges multidisciplinary teams.
We seek staff who;
- Are genuine team players
- Have natural ability to develop rapport and maintain meaningful relationships with a broad client group
- Have a can do, attitude, are flexible and approachable
- Aspire to work in a dynamic environment
- Display commitment to continuous quality improvement and professional development
- Believe in "No Wrong Door" for people in distress
- Fullfil the accountabilities of this role in accordance with Bridges Health & Community Care’s core values
- Provide professional first point of contact/reception service to internal and external clients, other providers and suppliers either face-to-face or over the phone
- Address enquiries efficiently and effectively providing accurate information within the scope of the position including coordinating messages and referral to relevant staff
- Assist with and support efficient Intake management, including the timely and accurate logging of referrals into BHCC Ltd’s database system
- Receive and process all incoming correspondence as required and to ensure outgoing correspondence is appropriately signed off and distributed in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide administration and secretarial support as requested including, but not limited to preparation, copying and presentation of letters, memos, reports, agendas, minutes, etc.
- Comply with privacy and confidentiality principles to all work practices
Key Selection Criteria
- Certificate 3 in Administration, Business or equivalent will be highly regarded
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly developed organisational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience in an Administration role
- Highly developed data entry skills, with high-level attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated high level knowledge and experience in effective front office requirements and customer/client service.
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly develop knowledge of community services e.g. mental health and drug and alcohol service provision.
- Ability to work with initiative and as an effective and professional team member.
- Demonstrated high level computer skills, with advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office applications, CMS software and web-based applications
- Current OPEN Driver’s Licence
- Blue Card – working with children and Yellow Card Exemption
Interested applicants are required to submit an up-to-date resume with 2 recent referees and cover letter addressing the selection criteria and requirements of the role.
Applications close COB 3rd March 2020. Early applications are encouraged as the position needs to be filled ASAP.
For confidential enquiries, please contact Samantha Philips, Human Resource Manager via email email@example.com.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?