Advertiser: Activated Carbon TechnologiesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2020
- Perth, Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
- $30 - $39.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
About the business
This is an opportunity to work with one of Australia's largest activated carbon processing facilities. As world leaders in our field we pride ourselves on our ability to provide quality products and technical support to our customers throughout Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Europe and America.
About the role
The position reports directly to the Laboratory Supervisor and Production Manager and involves:
Responsibility and Accountability:
- Ability to work under limited supervision. The range of projects and programmes may vary according to direction of the Laboratory Supervisor and Production Manager.
- Ensure that all tests are conducted in accordance with the procedures manual.
- Ensure that all tests are performed within the time set down by the Laboratory Supervisor.
- Responsible for reporting any quality deviation and/or faults to the Laboratory Supervisor.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work environment.
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Awareness of laboratory safety policy and implementation
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office)
- Ability to absorb and retain high levels of information
- Certificate or diploma level studies and/or practical laboratory experience would be advantageous.
Specialist Knowledge and Skills:
- General laboratory skills including wet chemistry – titrations, acid digests, sample preparation.
- Ability to operate and maintain highly specialised laboratory equipment – training will be provided
- All employees are required to undertake housekeeping type works when required and/or as directed by the Laboratory Supervisor.
- Good understanding and application of quality control techniques in achieving a high standard of work.
- Sound knowledge of Occupational, Health and Safety policy as they relate to the job being undertaken.
- The person must have developed oral and written literacy and numeracy skills to communicate required information and advice to other employees.
Benefits and perks
Our Perth factory provides a friendly team environment and family atmosphere including celebratory lunches for jobs well done. Hours are flexible with 8:00am to 12:00pm Saturday, 9:00am to 6:30pm Monday and Wednesday preferred. An attractive hourly rate is on offer to the right candidate.
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will have a Certificate in Laboratory Techniques (or equivalent) and experience working in a high throughput QA/ Manufacturing environment. Computer skills in Microsoft Office and experience in laboratory analysis techniques are essential.
The position will suit a person who is enthusiastic, tidy, self-motivated, well organised and who prides themselves on attention to detail. As the role requires direct contact with all levels throughout the company, strong communication skills and the ability to multi-task to work as part of a small team are essential.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?