Advertiser: TeamKidsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2020
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
- Do you want to work for a company that promotes and invests in their team?
- Are you Finance qualified with proven experience in a similar role?
- Would you like to join a growing company whose main values are being Innovative, Genuine, Remarkable, Fun, and Involved?
... then come join TeamKids! We are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join our Finance team based out of our Head Office in Moorabbin.
TeamKids specialises in individually tailored Before and After School Care and Holiday Programs. Our company is constantly growing, and we are always looking for new and innovative ways to improve on our already great practices.
About the role
Due to strong growth, we have a newly created full-time position available for an experienced Assistant Accountant. You will be reporting to the Financial Accountant and would be part of a small, friendly Finance team.
This is a varied role, due to the size of the business and the dynamic nature of the workload within the team. Your duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Processing of journals into the accounting system
- Working with complex Excel spreadsheets for the management of data
- Coding and reconciliation of bank account transactions
- Preparation and coding of data utilised for end of month reporting
- Working closely with the Financial Accountant to ensure that monthly results are accurate and informative
- Analysis of revenue and expenses on an as-needed basis
- Coding and reconciliation of credit card transactions
- Processing of accounts payable invoices
- Creation of weekly supplier payment runs
- Reconciliation of supplier statements and handling of queries
- Fortnightly payroll processing of permanent and casual staff across a number of sites and states
- Liaising with HR and department managers to ensure a smooth payroll process
- Attending to employee queries in a timely manner
- Investigating payroll discrepancies & resolving issues
Skills and experience for this position:
- ‘Team First’ attitude
- Accounting or Business degree (recommended)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
How to Apply
If this looks like the role for you, please don't hesitate to apply. We will be reviewing applications as they are received and commencing the interview process shortly.
Along with your resume, we ask that you provide a cover letter/note telling us why you think you would be a great addition to our team at TeamKids.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- How many years of payroll experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?