Junior LawyerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $80,000 - $99,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Corporate & Commercial Law
About the role
We’re looking for a Junior Lawyer to join our in-house legal team. The role of the Lawyer will report directly into General Counsel and will be responsible for:
- Providing legal and administrative support to General Counsel;
- Providing support to the Company Secretary including maintaining all corporate registers and filings, drafting of Agendas and Board Minutes;
- Drafting and updating legal precedents in accordance with regulatory and legislative changes;
- Assisting General Counsel in the preparation and drafting of various legal documents and agreements;
- Assisting with and maintaining up to date knowledge and precedent databases;
- Liaising with stakeholders and clients at the request of General Counsel; and
- General administrative tasks including aspects of file and matter management.
- Support and assistance to General Counsel;
- Assistance to the Company Secretary;
- Contract Drafting & Legal Review of various legal agreements.
Prerequisite Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to draft, advise and manage a broad range of legal issues;
- High level of organisational skills and ability to prioritise;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills;
- Have strong attention to detail;
- Be team-focused but also able to work independently;
- Be proactive and have a positive and energetic approach with a commitment to providing excellent legal support;
- Have a strong academic record and a genuine interest in developing your career in the legal industry;
- Willingness to learn;
- Experience working within a medium/large organisation would be an advantage; and
- Experience with assisting on company secretarial matters would be an advantage.
- Be admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales;
- Up to 2 years post graduate experience;
- Ideally have experience in commercial/corporate law
Please ensure you have the right to work in Australia.
Apply via the link with a copy of your resume and cover letter.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a lawyer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?