24 Month Production Traineeship - Mining
Advertiser: Batchfire Resources Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2020
- Gladstone & Central QLD
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Operations
Batchfire Resources Pty Ltd is an Australian private company that owns and operates the Callide thermal coal mine near Biloela in Central Queensland. Callide Mine has significant recoverable coal reserves, long-term supply contracts and a growth trajectory to ensure its long-term future.
Batchfire is offering Production Trainee opportunities for recent Callide Valley School leavers with a genuine interest in developing a career in mining.
Trainees will complete a structured training plan to achieve a Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations, plus obtaining coal competencies in operating various types of heavy mining equipment.
This opportunity is offered strictly in accordance with the following terms:
- Trainees are to be residents of the Callide Valley Regional Area (includes townships of Biloela, Goovigen, Jambin, Thangool and their immediate areas),
- Applicants must be at least 17 years of age and possess a valid driver’s licence,
- Trainees will have completed schooling within the last 3 years,
- The length of the traineeship will be 24 months maximum. Employment terminates at the end of 24 months and trainees will NOT automatically be considered for immediate permanent placement,
- Employment engagement benefits as detailed in the Callide Enterprise Agreement 2017 or current Enterprise Agreement.
Employment start date is planned for Monday April 21st, 2020.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a:
- Commitment to high health, safety and environmental standards,
- Genuine interest in operating plant and heavy machinery,
- Willingness to work shift work, and
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Applications should either be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “Production Trainees”, delivered to the Callide Mine Administration Office or post marked prior to the closing date (Batchfire Callide Mine, PO Box 144, Biloela 4715).
Applications must address the selection criteria above and also include:
- Proof of completing school within the last three (3) years,
- Details of current residence in the Callide Valley regional area, and
- Work experience via school and any other current or previous employment.
Application closing date is Saturday February 29th 2020.
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?