BI Solutions Developer
Advertiser: QTACMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Database Development & Administration
QTAC is a not-for-profit, public company limited by guarantee which was incorporated in 1990 by the six state universities that existed in Queensland at that time.
QTAC’s role is to provide and operate an equitable, centralised tertiary entrance system on behalf of our member and participating institutions and to provide comprehensive information for prospective applicants. The institutions that participate in QTAC determine their own admission requirements and QTAC ensures that these admission rules and procedures are administered in a transparent, consistent and equitable manner.
QTAC receives and processes more than 70,000 applications per year and makes offers in approximately 1,950 courses during 150 offer rounds spread throughout the year.
QTAC’s vision is to be become the tertiary service provider of choice by 2020.
The BI solutions developer is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions to achieve QTAC’s strategic outcomes.
- Identify data requirements and develop methodologies to gather data in a timely manner
- Deliver and implement BI solutions
- Integrate solutions with existing systems
- Manage the deployment, testing and automation for SSIS packages
- Support troubleshooting and performance issues of reports and ETL processes
- Clearly document all newly developed processes, and keep technical documents up to date
- Explore and understand data sources, perform data analysis and data profiling
- Develop and maintain security within the BI systems
- Advise on best practices for data governance
- Other duties as directed
- Actively and attentively listens to others. Communication is clear, concise and consistent and delivered in a way that promotes trust.
- Conveys the vision for the team or other section members in a compelling way. Develops the skills of those around them and works to builds a positive and inclusive team environment.
- Works effectively with stakeholders to deliver work and system enhancements.
- Effectively manages team, section and/or their own work priorities. Models professional and ethical behaviour. Considers all feedback and actively works to enhance leadership effectiveness. Is aware of personal strengths and weaknesses and takes account of these when taking action.
- Identifies the strengths and weaknesses of all team members and builds capability through individual and team learning opportunities. Inspires individual and team commitment and provides regular and genuine feedback and direction to all team/section members. Provides support for all team/section members and establishes meaningful relationships with staff based on trust, understanding and mutual respect.
- Experiments with innovative approaches. Analyses successes and failures to identify opportunities for improvement. Inspires and harnesses the creativity of others. Communicates change in a timely and proactive manner.
- Identifies areas of sensitivity and uses judgement when deciding how to proceed. Ensures that all participants contribute in team situations and can negotiate a solution in most situations. Resolves conflict without compromising relationships and manages challenging people with diplomacy and tact.
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Is honest in their communications and does not delay addressing issues that need to be resolved.
- Adopts a planned approach to change and can manage some risk and uncertainty comfortably. Works to assist others through change and to provide the stability and guidance needed. Values the ideas and perspectives different people bring to the group. Creates a positive and inclusive team where the views of all are valued and people are respectful of the contributions of others.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of data and BI solutions
- Understanding of good data management and data practices
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively
- Tertiary qualification in computer science/engineering
- Knowledge of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack (TSQL, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, Power BI)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server version 2016
- Knowledge of data modelling (relational and dimensional) and analysis
- Proven knowledge of ETL development, OLAP design, data marts, and database performance tuning
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse, ETL and BI Architecture and principles.
- Experience in AWS suite of data tools and functions
Applications Close 21 February 2020, for further information please contact email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?