Casual Orchard / Farm Hand
Advertiser: Turnbull Brothers Orchards Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Feb 2020
- Shepparton & Goulburn Valley
- Work Type
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Horticulture
Turnbull Brothers Orchards is located in Ardmona, Victoria and grows apples, pears, peaches and cherries. Established in 1892, Turnbull Brothers Orchards is committed to supplying quality fresh fruit to a global market.
We are looking for a motivated casual orchard / farm hand to join our team. Duties include operating tractors and other machinery, repairs to irrigation plus other duties that facilitate the smooth running of the orchard.
A current drivers licence and relevant farm experience is required. Applicant must be prepared for physical hard work in all weather conditions with proven skills in problem solving and multi tasking. Basic computer skills and Chemical Users accreditation will be viewed highly. Applicant is required to start as soon as possible.
Applicant must be a team player, willing to learn new skills and work well in a team environment.
Up to 38 hrs per week (will vary) generally 7.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday, 7.30am to 12pm on Friday.
Please submit your covering letter and resume via Seek. Applications will close as soon as a suitable applicant is found, so please don't delay if you are genuinely interested in this role.
Please note - this is not a harvest position. Suitable for an Australian citizen or permanent resident only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- What's your expected hourly rate?