Management Consultant - Garment Industry
Advertiser: Where 2 StartMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $90,000 - $99,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Management & Change Consulting
Business is growing quickly and it’s time to move our production to the next level. You’ll work in our well-appointed offices, just 4 min walk from Bowen Hills train station.
To be considered for this role you must have a minimum of five years experience in the grament industry and speak fluent Mandarin.
This company is owned and run by down to earth Aussies who have done a sensational job of establishing a successful domestic and international business. We provide exceptional quality and customer service to clients worldwide.
You'll be working in a pro-active environment in a culture where all team members own their roles. We empower our team and generously reward their hard work.
If you would like to be a critical part of a successful team, as opposed to just watching the clock tick by, then this is the work placefor you.
Your primary focus will be assisting the business to achieve efficiencies in superior product design, manufacture andseamless logistics, as well as delivering a high standard of customer satisfaction. Additionally, your knowledge of Chinese culture and fluent use of the language will be fully utilisedwhen negotiating and liaising with overseas suppliers.
This is a multifaceted management role where your expertise will be required to:
- Oversee product design and development (from pattern to production) to ensure efficient use of company resources
- Monitor production output and efficiency (including quality, quantity & costs)
- Analyse and evaluate current operating systems and production structures and strategies to improve resource efficiency and achieve higher level of customer satisfaction
- Discuss current operating systems and production structures/strategies with the team and Directors and ensuring you are up to speed with systems at all levels of the organisation
- Identify shortcomings and discuss with Directors and clients
- Identify areas of improvement in current systems and procedures to produce recommendations
- Analyse current logistics and shipping practices to improve processes to support seamless end to end logistics with complete follow throughof support for internal clients
- Assist the company in developing and continually improving production workflows, processes andprocedures
- Review, assess and make recommendations in respect of the company’s work flow charts, records, reports & manuals
- Oversee, review and assist in planning production activities and where necessary, advise in respect the departures from company’sexisting procedures and standards
- Review, plan and assist in improving production efficiency
- Communicate and build relationships with Chinese suppliers and manufacturers to ensure and improve production output and efficiency
This is a senior role where you will be required to analysethe existing relationships and practices, make recommendations and implement initiatives to improve quality and efficiencies in production and overall internal and external client satisfaction
This is a full time, Monday - Friday role. 8am– 5pm
Salary $90 000 per annum
The Applicant should have a strong background in the garment industry and the following skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in the garment industry (minimum of five years)
- Experience with managing logistics/ shipping
- Superior organisationalskills & ability to multi-task
- Strong technical aptitude with an exceptional eye for detail
- Confident and clear communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- Proficiency with Adobe suite
- Availability for overseas travel
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Experience analysingbusiness needs and existing structures
- Experience developing processes to improve product, profitability andefficiencies
- Experience with supplier negotiations & procurement
To apply please use the apply button below. Please include a covering letter addressing the job requirements and your resume.