- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
Help change veterans’ lives for the better.
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and well-being services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives. They have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
Underpinning their welfare activities is funding from the RSL Art Union, the largest and most successful prize home lottery in Australia.
This is a rare opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organisation and contribute to building a brighter future and enduring legacy for Australia’s veterans.
About the Role:
As an Employment Support Officer, you will be the first point of contact for our clients commencing their employment journey. This is a unique position that requires complex case management experience to effectively support Veterans who may enquire about employment pathways.
You will use your client centred approach to deliver suitable outcomes for clients. This role is suited to someone with excellent communications skills, expertise in developing job seeking tools, ability to form employment partnerships and ability to engage with stakeholders. Experience in assisting clients successfully gain opportunities in the hidden labour market and developing individually tailored job seeking tools will be highly advantageous.
Responsibilities also include:
- Conduct initial assessments to identify job seeker barriers to employment and pathways into sustainable work
- Provide clients job seeking services to assist with job applications, interview skills and job seeking strategies
- Participate in community engagements to increase the public profile and awareness of our employment services
- Business Development and networking with prospective employers
- Ensure clients are given the opportunity for regular check-ins post activities
- Update and maintain client files and activities on Dynamics CRM
- Manage internal / external stakeholder relationships with Government Departments, Rehabilitation Providers, NDIS Providers and RTOs
- Identify, address and overcome barriers influencing client’s return to work
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
- Understand the QLD Labour Market
- Case Management experience
- Previous experience with the Employment Services or Recruitment sector (advantageous)
- Strong Attention to detail, positive solution-focused approach and process orientated
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining effective relationships with clients and employers
- Minimum Cert IV endorsed qualification in Employment Services and Career Development (or progress towards or a willingness to progress towards)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with clients, show empathy and work in highly sensitive environments
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to deadlines and have a self-driven attitude
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organisation, research and coordination skills
- Confident and proficient in use of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of the ADF environment and its unique sensitivities (desirable)
RSL Queensland offer flexible work arrangements, provide a fully stocked kitchen and fridges plus their benefits hub. The benefits include:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented professionals. Every day, you will push the envelope as we work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years of recruitment experience do you have?