Advertiser: Huon Regional CareMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2020
- Central & South East TAS
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - Aged Care
About the business
Huon Regional Care is a long established provider of quality community and aged care services across Tasmania. You'll find us in three main locations; Franklin, Dover and Nubeena.
As an Employer of Choice, Huon Regional Care leads with courage, through excellence; integrity; and trust; we strive to achieve the very best for our people, and the people we care for, empowering the individual.
About the role
We are looking to appoint a Registered Nurse in our Nubeena facility.
The role of the Registered Nurse is to provide the highest standard of nursing care to residents and service users in accordance with HRC's promise, purpose, and values.
General Role Accountabilities Include:
- Deliver direct and comprehensive nursing care in accordance with professional responsibilities and according to philosophy, practices, and policies of Huon Regional Care while maintaining compliance with regulatory compliance and relevant accreditation standards
- Make nursing and care decisions based on sound clinical judgments and with a view to minimise risk
- Encourage residents/service users to participate in decision making about their care where appropriate
- Facilitate resident/service user medication management based on care plans, policies, and professional protocols
- Regularly assess residents/service users and document observations using clinical software (or as directed), with sufficient detail to assist with ongoing care and ACFI claims
- Report observations to relevant medical/healthcare personnel
Benefits and perks
- Competitive rate of pay
- Free onsite parking
- Industry Leading Salary-Packaging (reduced taxable income)
- Ongoing education & support
- Uniforms & training provided
- Beautiful Location
- Amazing care-first culture
Skills and experience
- Current and valid AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse
- Experience with ACFI and accreditation requirements
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Positive team-based attitude with a genuine interest in the support and care of residents
- Current clinical knowledge and demonstrated critical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
If you believe that you fit the above requirements, we would be keen to hear from you.
How to Apply
Huon Regional Care is an equal opportunity employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Applications will be open until COB Monday 17th February 2020. For a copy of the position description go to
Please apply via SEEK only.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a registered nurse?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?