Licensed Asbestos Assessor / Hazmat Consultant
Advertiser: Airsafe OHC Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Feb 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Environmental, Earth & Geosciences
Want to build a career as an licensed asbestos assessor and hazardous materials consultant? There’s no better place to do it than Airsafe. Airsafe is Sydney’s most respected asbestos consultancy. We work with prominent clients and the biggest contractors. And the heart of our business is our amazing team of consultants.
The most important qualification for this position is people skills. You need to be able to build good working relationships with clients – from individual householders and to big businesses – and with asbestos removal and demolition contractors.
Airsafe’s reputation rests on our great relationships: the fact that we’re easy to work with and constructive in finding solutions. As our representative, you’ll need to demonstrate the same qualities: excellent communication skills, and an ability to solve problems either independently or in a team.
Other desirable attributes include:
- Experience in NATA accredited asbestos testing
- Tertiary qualifications in science, occupational hygiene or occupational health and safety
- Experience conducting asbestos surveys / air monitoring / clearance inspections
- Computer skills (including Microsoft Office)
- Construction white card (“Work safely in the construction industry”)
- 2-5 years experience working within the asbestos and hazardous building materials industry.
To do the job, you must have a current driver’s licence, and hold a current asbestos assessors license. Exposure to other areas of occupational health and safety including mould and air quality and/or land contamination or NEPM experience will also be highly regarded.
What you'll be doing
As a licensed asbestos assessor and Hazardous Materials Consultant, your job may include:
- Asbestos and hazardous material surveys (domestic and commercial)
- Asbestos air monitoring [friable and non friable]
- Asbestos clearance inspections
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with documented procedures and comply with the ISO Quality Management System
- Recommendations on unexpected finds
- Soil assessment and waste classifications
- Consulting on asbestos registers
- Asbestos project management
- Asbestos training
Airsafe offers very competitive salary packages, depending on your qualifications and experience. A company car and mobile is provided for work use.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?